1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fellow Steelers Fans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by M. Connors, Jan 8, 2012.

1. M. Connors

M. Connors Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I know tensions are running high now. But, consider the circumstances:

-Our all World QB is hurt. A high ankle sprain is not a "minor nuisance" as some make it out to be.
    -Our All Pro Center was out
    -Our starting RB was out
    -Our best pass rusher was severly limited
    -2 of our Pro Bowl D Linemen missed a majority of the game
    -Our starting free safety missed this game

Some might write this off as "sour grapes" but take a step back and really think about it. When has Brady, Rodgers, or Breez played on a high ankle sprain without their starting Center and performed well? We are so quick to say "well, Denver sucks anyway...we should have beat them." I'm not sure it's that easy. This is the NFL. Grown men playing for pride...talent matters, yes...but nobody gave Denver a chance this game. They took that to heart.

Changes need to be made to this roster and staff. But don't overlook the effect injuries played on this game. I don't believe another "superior" team could have overcome them. And we almost did.

This loss sucks. This year was not in the cards for us. Let's see how this organization overcomes this disappointment. If it's anything like the '08 team overcame the '07 disappointment, I like our chances!

Damn Proud to be a Steelers fan!

2. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Exactly, Everyone was talking Baltmore or New England before this game was even played. This game scared me the moment the regular season ended. There is no such thing as a sure shot anymore in professional sports...

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Agree 100 percent.

4. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes, plus you omitted the fact our OC is a brainless idiot, so all things considered, we played pretty well tonight. :swordsman:

5. NorthFLSteel

NorthFLSteel Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Like the OP said, Injuries had an effect on this game. There's no doubt about it......I truly believe if we have a healthy Ben, we win this game despite how poorly the secondary played.. Too many injuries to the skilled positions = too much to overcome....

Let's get healthy, look towards the draft, make some needed offseason changes, and make another run at it.......

6. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Awesome Post!! :yeehaw:

7. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    We'd be better off if he indeed was brainless. Trouble is he has a brain but it's packed so densely full of wrong thinking that it generates its own gravitational field.

8. ravenhater

ravenhater Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yep, Arians was awful tonight with his defensive gameplan leting Tebow throw for an average of 31.6 per completion. Lebeau called a good game though.

9. JakeTN1

JakeTN1 Member

Jan 2, 2012
    AWESOME POST!! I like what you said it is entirely "spot on"!! :amen:

10. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's comical isn't it :roflmao:

11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yep the defense was laughable but then again at times the offense was laughable too. no one gets a pass

12. So Cal Steeler

So Cal Steeler Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks for this post. Injuries have plaged this team all year. By the 4 quarter there were about 25% starters in the game. Thanks 2011 Steelers for a great year. Thick and Thin, Black and Gold!

13. Ronak

Ronak Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Amen. We don't need wholesale changes. We just need to get healthy, and make a couple tweaks.

I do believe BA being replaced would assist greatly in our run for #7 and 8, but I'm not going to fight about it.

We're all Steeler Nation here. Remember that, at the end of the day.

14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Farrior's replacement needs to hurry up!

15. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree that injuries play a huge role. Tomlin is so predictable of what he is gonna say. "The standard is the same..." blah blah blah. It's like all coaches and players just refuse to come out and say "yes we are injured and yes our 2nd string is inferior to our 1st..." I mean if they are NOT inferior why are they NOT the 1st string. Pros just seem to talk down to the Joes. I suppose.