1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fear The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Blast Furnace, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, I'll check it out, but I'm very jaded at this point.

Ever since they time jumped over everything they said they were going to show us to approximately the same time Rick woke up in the hospital.

2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    My wife and I will be watching. We enjoyed FTWD despite some of it's obvious flaws.

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Gonna watch but I am just not that into it, maybe it changes.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't understand why you need to make the characters dumb in order to create dangerous situations. Talking to people on the CB? Really Alicia? Really? Good thing you are pretty or I'd wish you end up zombie food.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ok, anyone watching The Talking Dead? Tell me that Hoizer isn't Tom Cruises kid??? Cruise totally had an affair over in Europe and thats his son, absolutely!

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Oops! I forgot all about this show starting back up. I'll have to watch it later. Maybe. I dunno. Was it worth watching?

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Its worth it. Opening scene was pretty intense and closed out with LA being bombed in the background which coincides with TWD when Shane and Laura and Carl were making there way into the woods and Atlanta was being bombed in the background.

My only gripe is that both shows seem intent on making characters do dumb things. I'll keep watching though, I like the whole concept.

• Like Like x 1
  8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    People do dumb things and that's doubly true for teenagers.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Lazy writing. They can create dangerous situations with out falling back on people do dumb things, they've been going to that well way to often lately, between both shows.

10. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Finally got around to watching it.

Travis' kid still sucks and can't die soon enough.

Nick was a tad more tolerable this episode, but only just.

Daniel and Strand remain the only 2 characters that are truly compelling. Maddy has potential, but we may need to cut the fat (Travis, Nick and the other boy) before she can really shine. So far, the writers seem to want to just use her as a trampoline to bounce their (boring) stories off of.

Alicia can stay because, well... yeah. ;) Besides, we know the actress has "badass" in her from "The 100." Here's hoping they give her something better to do than be a clueless teenaged girl soon. And, you know, if she wants to get a good all-over tan while on that yacht, I wouldn't complain. They could make a whole episode of it... :whistley:

I'll cut Alicia a little slack about the radio. After all, TRAVIS TOLD HER to get on there and find out what's going on / where it might be safe. We all knew fairly early on that whoever she was talking to couldn't be trusted because we're a jaded audience that has had 6 years of TWD under our belt. She's a high school student who's whole world has gone to hell in the blink of an eye.

I'm not sure what Strand's real goal is. For as prepared as he was for civilization's collapse, and as calculating as he seems, he can't possibly think "San Diego will be safe." He must just be keeping his guests placated.

My money is still on Maddy's maiden name being "Dixon." ;)

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I got around to watching this last night. I'm going to keep watching, but it's just hard for me to care about the characters in this show.
    Totally agree.

Maddy is a guest on a yacht that saved her from the apocalypse and she's ordering the captain around? She's going to find herself in a life raft with an empty jug of water if she keeps that crap up.

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Wait, why the hell didn't anyone say "Where's all this smoke coming from?" Including Strand!

Also, you can't miss the bullet holes....at that point it's GTFOT!

Hey I know I'll just go swimming in the ocean right next to this smoke and debris field.....oh zombies? Let me go swim in and see if there's anymore!

The Walking dead stupid factory!

13. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    To me, this episode was very , "meh." I really did enjoy the show last season, but this was not a very exciting season opener. I hope the next episode will pick it up.

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    My DVR picked it up, so I'll probably try. However, I got through 4 episodes last season before giving up and deleting the remainder of the episodes. The characters were as uncompelling to me as staring at a blade of grass for an hour. I found it pretty much unwatchable TV... And I love TWD.

15. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Actually episode 2 was better. The 2 central characters they want us to follow are pissing me off, but it was a better episode.

16. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    How do you figure they time jumped? When it started everything was normal and then all hell broke loose. You can still see the military firebombing cities in current episodes. Rick woke up after the world as we know it ended. Did you expect a soap opera that ended after X number of seasons with a zombie apocalypse?

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    This was a pretty good episode. Characters still piss me off though :lolol:

I would like it if they stopped using kids though, both programs, too gut wrenching. We get it, zombie apocalypse is bad for kids.

18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    They did time jump over a bunch of things going on when the Military cordoned off thier neighborhood. They even put it on screen xx weeks later. I expected news reports, radio broadcasts, real soldiers with real concerns and real dialog about what was going on in the world. They wrote the one nerdy kid right out of it at the beginning. (maybe because he was just like Glenn knew too much from video games and comics)

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011

Zombie child was pretty creepy though!

20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

You mean the 9 days? You're bent over 9 days? It could be interesting to see stuff from the soldiers point of view;however, that would take developing a large number a new characters. They can't just throw some random soldiers in there because viewers will have no connection to them. In a six episode season there's only so much character introduction and development that can be done. Too much and it becomes long, draw out, and boring which would mean no season two.Also this show isn't about the soldiers it's about another small group and their trials and tribulations.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Very! :zombie:

22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I have been a huge zombie fan for over 20 years so I am biased to liking these shows. With that being said, FTWD is pretty good. I love Zombie shows/movies that kinda show how everything came to be. The cast is worse that TWD, and that's cause the people from TWD can be silly, and show can be monotonous. I have yet to watch episode 2 but looks good.

23. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Enjoyed the 2nd episode much more than the first. I love my wife and kids, but none of them are munching on me in the ZA.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I thought episode 2 was better. Still not enjoying it as much as I did last season, but this was a step up up from week 1.

25. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Where did I say I was upset? I don't mind a time jump when it makes sense. I like the one in TWD for example. It gives the characters time to settle in and build something/get comfortable without the viewer having to watch the boring stuff.

In a show were you say you're going to show the fall I expect more than a hackneyed military guys bad/cruel and then a bunch of random firebombing in the next season. with random beach fires and zombies attacking the beach for some reason.

I'm just saying that would have made it more interesting to me. As it stands, most on here don't like the 2 central characters they've given the show (whether they stay central or not is to be seen). The show runners are saying they intend to run parallel to the main show and not intersect, but catch-up at some point.