1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fear The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Blast Furnace, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I would imagine medical services are extremely overwhelmed by now and would take a Boy Scout with his first aid merit badge for help.

2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm having a very big problem with a 1st lieutenant running the whole show in this "safe zone".

Also, the way the military is depicted is ridiculous! The military guys are people too! With family members that are missing and wives, children. The grunts they're showing would not be as malicious in this situation.

Why not spread the info you have on the situation so that the civilians help you police the boarder?
    You still don't have to tell them you're shooting everyone you find in a 5 mile no-mans land.

These people still don't talk and share info? Travis is a dumb ass!

Why not grab the gun?

The writers have inserted some crappy dialog that doesn't help anything. What the hell is "I saw something, like a light being reflected". Who the hell doesn't know exactly what that is when you see it? A fricking flashing light someone signaling! She's gone 30+ years and doesn't know how to describe this?

I feel a little dumb after watching this.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Its possible the chain of command has been cut off already and the lieutenant and that unit is operating on his own.

There are only 2 episodes left so I imagine there is going to be a pretty big herd of walkers soon. I doubt all the living that have been gunned down were shot in the head. ****s going to hit the fan soon.

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I gave that some thought as well, but knowing how most units are, I have a hard time believing they would turn on "American" Citizens in a situation like that without some serious internal conflicts.

I'd like to think that most would be like the helicopter group that the Governor gunned down in the other series. (except not be totally stupid and have no one on look-out)

5. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm writing this without watching episode 4, but a few things stand out. One, I hope the older Spanish guy sticks around (the Barber). He's the only one who seems to have a backbone in this show. As far as I'm concerned, you can kill the junkie and his sister. They both suck. Seriously. What pissed me off in the third episode is when he was bitching that the mother gave away some of the pills to the injured wife. Junkie was crying like a little ***** how he needed those pills. Bull****, you don't need anything. You're a damn junkie. Be thankful she gave you any.

6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    The other thing is the writing assumes that no one, except the nerdy kid, has any clue what a zombie is. Not one single person has seen or heard of any kind of apocalyptic fall of mankind in a single book or movie! Where are the references to this? I'd find it more believable if someone threw out a CHUD, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead or Zombieland reference.

They totally skipped over what they said this show was about! What about what was actually happening during those 9 days? What were the news outlets putting out? What happened during those riots? When did the mass exodus from the cities that left thousands stranded on the highways happen? Where's the rush to looting that they only barely mentioned at the High School? That's what they sold us on. Not some cheesy run from Barbershop crap! Would have been nice to have a better scene as they were driving out of the city.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, been wondering myself. They are dropping the ball on this, not really delivering at all.

8. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Yep. It would be like if they did the Star Wars prequels with showing Annakin become a Jedi, and then flash forward a few years and he's Darth Vader. Don't show or explain anything.

Actually...

That might have been better than what we got.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Meeesah think you right!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, the whole prequels thing not existing I could get on board with.

OKay, watched the episode, and no one here has any sense. I kind of hope the junkie gets it (can't remember anyone's name in this show), but I"m sure somehow he will escape all this. And what was the daughter doing (alicia?) in the old asian couple's house? Giving herself a tattoo? It seems like this show spins its wheels in certain areas, yet we've jumped ahead 9-10 days already. And if the barber's daughter is hooking up with the soldier, wouldn't you think he would let it out that the whole world has gone to crap? Or are they in the dark too?
    I want to give this show a chance, I really do. But it's just kind of there for me right now. This is kind of like Season 2 of TWD for me.

11. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    And speaking of escape from the barbershop, how is it that his truck wasn't flipped/smashed/torched, and no one tried to best them up or jump in the truck when they left? Have the producers never seen actual riot footage?

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Sitting right in the center of the road in the middle of everything.....SMH!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Much better episode.

Daniel continues to rock. Cold blooded? Maybe. Was it necessary to torture the kid? Hey, he's diddling his daughter. That's reason enough. ;)

I don't know who the poor man's Billy Dee Williams con man is. But I really like him. Hope he sticks around.

I SOOOOOOO wanted Travis to pull that trigger!!! Not because it might get him to sack up for once. I just wanted to see him gush with blood from the huge scope cut he was about to receive. :lolol:

Speaking of cold blooded, it didn't take Maddy long to resolve any moral qualms she had. Between her and Liza, I think I know why Travis is nutless. They took them and are wearing them for themselves.

So long, Lt. Douchebag. The question is, was he overrun by walkers? Or did his own men frag him? ;) Or at the very least, "oh... he's surrounded. Sucks to be him" and out of there.

Speaking of nutless, it seems it's hereditary. Chris has no stones either. How the hell do you have Alicia, looking that damned good and clearly on a self destructive / up to no good mood, and not make a move?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I have nothing to add, this post is perfect :lolol: :thumbs up:

15. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I kind of wondered what the deal was with Chris and Alicia. It looked like she was kind of giving him the eye, but I think he'd rather play with the damn remote control chopper. :hmm:
    And I agree about the black guy in the holding cell. At first I kind of found him to be rather douchey because he made the neighbor break down, but I guess he has his reasons.
    And Daniel has seen some stuff for sure. I'd love to know his back story in a flashback or something. He's by far the most interesting character. And what's the deal with Travis? He saw the person flashing the light at the end of the last episode, and that was it? He just drops it?
    I have a feeling that the arena doors are going to bust open. I don't think anything will really hold that herd back, especially not that chain link fence around the neighborhood.

16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I'd like something showing the early walkers and how they have more vitality than the ones we see later on that have been just getting decomposed and dehydrated.

I think they've hinted, but not very strongly and this is part of what they should be showing to demonstrate how hard the initial wave was to control.

The soldiers are idiots here. Why the hell would you run into a confined space building like that and not go cautiously, when you know what you know about these things? And not to leave someone behind so they can warn you? Whoever they have that's writing these characters have never spent time with any military unit.

They could have shown the soldiers dissent earlier with some close up shots of their faces and the emotions while the Lieutenant was reading his dumb ass proclamation. Would have set up what we finally saw this episode.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats a certainty :popcorn:

The scene that the captured soldier was describing about the arena was chilling, they couldn't tell them apart and just locked them all in there, how freaking awful for all the people who were trapped in with the walkers. :shock:

18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I'd have to think they'd say screw it and let them out just to run them over with a tank! you can do real damage like that!

19. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    He didn't just see the light flashing. He saw whoever it was flashing the light get blown away by automatic gunfire. I'm sure he assumes the military did it. What's he gonna do about it now? Ask Lt. Douchebag, "Yeah, um, did you guys go kill the guy I was telling you about yesterday?"

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Been a couple of tanks in TWD but none used to plow through walkers. Maybe FTWD will do it :dancing:

21. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    That person ended up getting shot? How did I miss that?!?

As for the Arena, they should probably just torch or bomb the damn thing. It's going to end really badly if they just escape on their own. So, of course, that's what's going to happen. :thumbs up:

22. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, I missed it the first time, too. When they showed the recap before the show I saw that it was actually gunfire (they added gunshot sound effects to the recap, too).

[​IMG]

23. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Damn, I didn't pay attention to the recap, figured it was just a rehash. Thanks oh noble .gif keeper. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah, the sound was a big issue. I missed it the first time too and saw someone on-line talking about the signal dude getting shot. Still had it on my DVR so I watched it again. Muzzle flashes were definitely there, but the sound of gunfire was muted. It was there, just not as easy to hear and sounded like background noise.

25. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I do what I can. :coolcool: