1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fear The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Blast Furnace, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That would annoy the heck out of me :confused:

2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Tobias, sadly looks like he's not around much. Looking at the episode listing and he only shows 2 episodes.

3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Im fairly sure that just means he has appeared in 2 episodes so far. Otherwise everyone would know when a character gets written off by the number of episodes.

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Well, some of the other characters have 7 episodes (main characters), several others have 2 (ex. girls boyfriend). They may be in later episodes showing them as zombies though.

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I still don't think its an accurate account. Doesn't make sense to me that they would divulge that and let everyone know who lives and dies. And isnt this season, 6 episodes? Who's showing 7 episodes :lolol:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    [​IMG] Mercedes Mason ...
    Ofelia Salazar (7 episodes, 2015-2016)
    [​IMG] Rubén Blades ...
    Daniel Salazar (7 episodes, 2015-2016)

7. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    It should be noted that IMDB can be contributed to by almost anyone, and therefore, is often inaccurate in advance of an actual airing.

Just ask any Game of Thrones fan. ;)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Really? I thought they were vetted? That's why they have an IMDB pro feature?

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Makes sense, but it still only has the nerd for 2. He may be back next season.

11. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    They are, but hoaxes and pranks still fall through the cracks. And often, casting info for unreleased shows is incomplete.

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    OK, I'll be more cuatious with my frustration then. Hopefully we see that kid in the future. Maybe they actually let him keep his cautionary attitude garnered from sci-fi and video games!

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think you will see more of Tobius this season. Seems like an interesting character to just forget about.

14. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Decent episode. I'm finding it hard to believe they were able to just drive out of an LA in chaos. Or that the suburbs were relatively quiet.

Hey! The military is here! We're safe! :hehehe:

I get the feeling they killed Susie's husband. If they just quarantined him, there'd be no reason to be vague about it. Good thinking when she said "our dog died," or they'd be next.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't know how many more times these people have to encounter a "sick" person before they learn they are violent. Last episode it was Maddy approaching the principle, this episode it was Travis approaching Pete, really guys???? The spanish father gets it, he knows whats going on and Travis IS weak, he better graduate from the school of Rick real fast or hes going to get himself and others killed.

Nice job trying to save your dog by the way :thumbs up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree. Travis isn't long for this world at the rate he's going.

And then he tells Maddy "I'll never leave you. I'm not going anywhere."

Yup. He's a goner. :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    This show centers around the dumbest group of people. Luckily for them, Daniel is forced to tag along. I'm having a hard time with this show, but I'm glad they're introducing the scariest antagonist of all- the military during martial law. :ACK!:

18. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I think one of the reasons people seem so dumb in that universe is the writer's conceit that for that world, nobody has any concept of what a zombie is until after the outbreak. Most likely that decision was made because between that, and EVERYONE comes back, a widespread outbreak seems more feasible. But most of the main characters better become educated very quickly, or it's going to get frustrating.

Radio chatter last episode indicated 11 states were already under a state of emergency. The military knows exactly how bad this is (it's probably already out of control elsewhere), and doubtlessly has projected the worst case scenario. So they're not playing any games. It makes sense. In fact, if they're not fire bombing LA by the end of the season, I'll be disappointed. I know that "evil military" is a tired trope. I don't think they're being presented as evil here. Just trying anything they can to stop the spread.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Im really hoping they broaden the scope here and not just focused on these 2 families. I want some scenes with Government brass, CDC, military, ect, talking about this stuff, the realization of just how screwed they are. Dont just make this TWD LA.

20. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Ditto, very hard time with it as it stands.

Let's not tell our daughter anything about what we've seen.

I don't like guns, but one sure did save my butt from the fire!

Let's not talk about anything that's going on at all! What we've seen, heard, theorized.

Don't try and find out if there's any emergency broadcasts happening. Not even after rolling blackouts start happening.

Let's not forget that the cars are packed and ready to go, but we have to waste time packing the cars in the morning......

Why the hell are these people walking in the middle of the street with no traffic? Apparently the daughter didn't really know where her boyfriends house was?

Don't listen to the El Salvadorian who's probably survived situations like this.....

Show is very annoying for me. The wife wants to give it a chance though.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Back on tonight. Place your bets:

Maddy will try to hug another walker?
    Travis will try to hug another walker?
    Still nobody will bother to tell Alicia whats going on?

22. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Daniel will show more sack brushing his teeth than Travis will even in a fight. 35:2

Despite seeing corpses reanimate for 2-3 days now. Despite seeing people they even know come back from the dead and attack the living. People will still act like they're just sick. 60:1.5

Alicia will pout and throw shade at everyone while being generally useless (but look good doing it). 20:1

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  23. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    So...

We're 10-11 days into the zombie apocalypse, and LA county is....

Empty?!?! WTF?

Sure, we didn't see inside the city (which should be FUBAR by now), nor the freeways. But you're telling me that even a small suburb just down the road is quiet and docile? Helicopters coming and going, searchlights everywhere, and it doesn't attracted at least a small herd that surely exists by now?

I get that things outside of their little safe zone are probably chaotic. But why aren't we seeing THAT?!?!

I'm trying to gather up some sympathy for Nick. Sorry. Can't do it. If Travis is weak (and he is), Nick makes him look like Hercules. Seriously? You're going to syphon off morphine from a dying man? I'm done with Nick. Maddy should have beaten him harder... with a brick.

I really like Maddy, but what was her goal sneaking out? Ok, she found out they're killing the living as well as the dead. Uhhhh.. does this shock you? It seemed like she was going to investigate the signals, but I don't think she even went 3 blocks.

Seems like the doctor played all of them. But I'm not sure it's as nefarious as we're led to believe. At least not until it all goes to hell anyway.

At least Alicia wasn't completely annoying tonight. In fact, I'm starting a petition that she should always wear shorts or a short skirt. And take that jacket off. Maybe wear a half shirt or little tank top... Sorry. Where was I?

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It's a little hard to believe. I guess they are trying to say that in the early stages, the armed forces were on top of it and then of course, it wasnt getting any better as people had hoped and walkers over ran everything.

I think maybe Maddy had set out to find the people who were signaling but then realized she'd never make it there. Or, she just needed to confirm her suspicions. Its a good point she had about no phones or internet working, the Govt would absolutely shut that down so people wouldn't know what is truly going on.

Travis is weak and stupid

Nick is dead to me.

I second Alicia in shorts and skirts, nice stems!

I hate that they aren't giving us a broader scope of things, why not have some dialogue between soldiers at least talking about what is happening. Its aggravating me. :frustrated:

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm curious why that one girl went with the doctor, I would think the US army would have enough doctors and would not need her help