1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Farve`s induction to the HOF...

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Bleedsteel, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    First off, I will admit that I am as big of a fan of Farve, as BFT is of Brady...

And with all of the focus on my home state`s enshrinement ceremonies going to Kevin Greene,
    among the Steelers` Faithful,

I just happened to come across this article, and it reminded me of Ben in a lot of ways, and other athletes, on other teams, who got lucky to get a chance to show what they can do...

It`s a rare opportunity, if you really think about it...

I read an interesting article in our local paper, about the # of kids who play football at a "pee-wee" level, then make it thru "high school varsity squad", get picked by a college(big name, or not), and then actually progress to the NFL. thru the draft, or signed as an UDFA...

The numbers are pretty staggering, but I don`t have them on hand, ...

Basically, It`s a million or so in pee-wees, hundreds of thousands in High School, and, a few thousands in colleges, and about a thousand or so, that are legitimatley being scouted by the 32 NFL teams...

I don`t know, I`m not a "numbers guy"...

But I am figuring 32 teams * 52 players/roster = about 1650 players per year, that get a chance to sign those contracts, and MAYBE get to the play on an NFL team, and get in the HOF...

out of those, roughly 300 have bronze busts in Canton, Ohio...

That`s pretty Damn Special, and I believe Farve has earned his place among them, given what he did with the chance he was given...

I say the same thing about Ben, and I`ve always believed they have a similar style of play, and after I read this article, I realized they have more in common, than I realized...

Read the article, and judge for yourself..

I won`t spoil the ending...

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...tt-favre-landed-green-bay-packers-made-happen

GO STEELERS!!!

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Most people would probably be surprised to know that Brett Favre is pretty much my favorite qb of all time. He's the most fun to watch player I think I've ever seen. I guess if I had to put a qb above him that I like a little bit more it would pretty much be a deatmatch between him, Montana, and Elway. I see Elway and Favre both in Ben. He's and clutch and tough as Elway and as much of a risk taking, play making, gun slinger as Favre was. Getting to see Brett Favre play at Heinz was a memory I'll never forget. Brett Favre was like the Charlie Brown "every man" of qb's. I just always thought if I played qb I'd want to play it like he did and just do whatever it took to win. Wouldn't you say that during his prime that he threw the ball harder than anyone ever has?

3. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Not happy with this induction
    Can't believe the NFL would allow a Pill addict in the HOF.
    Add to that a man who is a sex offender (dikpic)
    Just goes to show some athletes are above the law and the NFL is hypocritical when it comes to drugs.
    shame on you NFL.

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I remember Elway threw the ball so hard when he was younger that the receivers couldn't handle a lot of his passes.

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah he could sling it hard for sure. I've heard they used to tell people trying to make the Packers if they couldn't handle a hard pass coming at them that they were just immediately cut because Favre wasn't gonna take any heat off his passes either.

6. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Favre was a good QB for sure but man, they need to stop overlooking Plunkett.

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Meh. As long as it's hurting Raider nation then I am fine with it. Lol. I agree that a 2 ring guy deserves consideration though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Brett Favre liked to throw to the other team too much for my liking. He was no Montana.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016