1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Farrior reportedly to miss November games

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Oct 31, 2011.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  2. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm alright with it because I believe we are better with Sylvester starting, especially when Timmons moves back inside, then we will have two studs inside. For Christ sakes, Farrior is 36 years old now and slowing down real fast. It's time for the youth movement with Sylvester, especially since he show that he can get the job done with his performance in the Pats game on Sunday. Farrior was standing on the sidelines and they had there best defensive performance with Sylvester starting. They don't need to go backwards by bringing Farrior back in after a month of watching. I think that Sylvester will win the spot during Farriors absence.

Farrior's injury is a blessing in disguise.

3. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    my bad. I just saw someone else reported this injury in another thread

4. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    For this particular game, I like much more our chances with Sylvester covering Rice outside the backfield than Farrior chasing him.

Also, this means Foote will start again, unless Woodley / Harrison are ready (seems a long shot).

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Torn calf muscle? Seems like that would keep him out longer, no?

I didn't see that so I'm glad you did. :thumbs_up:

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Who says Sylvester will start for him?

You said it yourself. Soon Timmons will be going back inside, and that leaves one open ILB spot. So far all year long, including yesterday, Larry Foote has been ahead of Sylvester on the depth chart. We also know the coaches love him and have confidence in his intelligence.

I'm not as down on Farrior as everyone else seems to be. Yeah, I don't want him chasing Ray Rice around in coverage, but I don't want any of our LBs doing that! Timmons is like the best coverage LB I've ever seen on this team, and he was burned by Rice for a TD in week 1. Farrior's lost a step, but don't forget that he was quite fast to begin with. He's played well this season, even if it's not as good as years past. His health will help this team.

That said, we will need a replacement for him soon anyway, possibly next year, and I'm dying to know if Sylvester is up for the task. He looks explosive in the preseason and on special teams, but we haven't seen much of him at all in a regular game. Even yesterday, when he started, he didn't see much of the field. And even though Foote had a good game yesterday, I have never been a fan of his. I hope you're right and Sylvester gets the start. I'd love to see a few games' worth of tape on the guy to know what kind of draft pick we should spend on the position this April. If he goes out and kills it, we can ignore it or take a flyer on a guy late. If he struggles, we might have to spend 1st or 2nd rounder.