1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Farrior & Foote weakest link(s)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Badboy212, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I have watched the games this year with the rewind button at the ready. Looking in on Farrior it is safe to say he is showing his age, and it seems the middle of thie field when he is in becomes more vulnerable since years past. Foote in relief is not much better, as he NEVER was Farrior's equal and now see's PT because JF is showing his age. I still wonder if the big "world" gets healthy mught we see an adjustment in the middle?? Or will Sly ever get more middle reps in a game??????This weekend I can't imagine JF trying to cover Gronk or Hernandez as he will lose that battle every time. Love JF but he is on the decline. NEVER like Foote as he is a tackling dummy with pads(Never actually MAKES a play the other player just runs into him eventually)

2. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My question is when is "Big World" ever healty, so far he's about as durable as Mcfadden lol

3. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I don't know what you mean by leakest links whether its a whole defense chain or LB core. Foote is weakest for sure. Farrior has returned to old form last couple games but he is slowing. He's still the field general so until we get a ILB with the brains he has we need him. Timmons on the outside may be our weakest link right now along with Ziggy on the LDE spot. He's playing well at times but he's no A. Smith. I even think Heyward is physically better and as soon as he locks down all the defensive schemes and assignments he will subplant ziggy as the next bigtime DL on the steelers.
    Cajun-

4. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I def like Heyward and I keep thinkning he will dominate real soon. Weakest as in LB's at this time. Timmons on the outside has not been bad IMO. I just think Farrior would serve better in a "speel" player but we dont have anyone to start for him. Field General he is but his horse is not as quick anymore!!!!