1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Football and Covid

Discussion in 'The Steelers Fans Fantasy Football' started by Blast Furnace, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Going to pose some challenges. Like the waiver wire and finding out you have a player who test positive on game day. Roster spots will likely need to be increased as well but strictly for covid use.

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Right now, I just hope we have a season.

Covid will be like any other injury. ;)

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m guessing that the fantasy football platforms will make adjustments like additional add/drop allowances.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes but what about teams that get hit hard with players that test positive? As far as I know, tests will be given a couple times a week with one falling on Sunday and there are no waiver wire adds on Sunday’s. If baseball is anything to go by, you could be looking at teams that lose several players last minute. If you have the replacement on your roster already, great but I think there may be situations where you get hit hard enough and you won’t. You also shouldn’t have to cut a good player to make room in those situations.

Your league is just far fun so really not that big a deal and however you decide to handle it is fine with me, I’m just thinking out loud for the more serious leagues with money payouts.

5. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    We'll see how settings go. Some leagues allow an injury reserve. That would solve everything.

But...

Scrambling due to injuries is always part of the game. And if you make rosters too big, unscrupulous/ruthless players can and will stockpile players even if they don't need them. Finding a balance is key.

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Now why would you think I’d do a thing like that Ray?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This year is going to be strange. I haven't and wont play in any fantasy leagues this year. 1st time I wont play in over 15yrs.

8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I did my fantasy draft with all my friends last night. We do a 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, D/ST with 8 bench spots, standard league.

I ended up with the following Steelers:

Ben
    Conner
    Ebron
    Claypool
    Snell
    Boswell
    Steelers D/ST

:facepalm:
    That's too many.