1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Falcons turned into a Cowher Steelers team

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jim90, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The sack that took them out of FG range was on him, the sack fumble he was in the process of throwing. Come on, man.

2. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I'm not saying the Raiders are not a good team...but they have a way to go before I would anoint them as an AFC Power...I need to see a body of work vs 1 or 2 years not sucking. Again...win 1 playoff game.

Ravens still have the D even though they took a hit when their young LB had to retire...but that offense is weak IMO...always has been but the defense covered for them

HACK

3. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly what I told my wife...thats a Ben sighting!!!

4. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep, I have heard Cowher on several interviews since Sunday saying "You pass the ball early to run the ball late", and he was stunned the Falcons chose the tactics they did. Another so-called expert disagreed a bit, as that is exactly what the Pats were expecting, stacking the box, so a pass option was reasonable, but you emphasize DO NOT GET SACKED!!! Falcons blew it with poor play calling, and then poor execution.

5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    That's it completely. The Pats were stuffing the run on that drive. If they run it, the chances are there's a loss on the play. So there is no issue in theory with calling a pass play. BUT a quick, low risk play that doesn't have Ryan dropping back that far, and that can be ended quickly if nothing is open.

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ultimately the Falcons went in to the locker room at halftime looking like that pats and came out looking like the browns.