1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Face it!!!! This is a bad Team!!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by STEELWARRIOR, Sep 15, 2019.

1. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    He also stunk it up on run defense . They did what ever they wanted in the middle of the field . Bush was not good today.

You can see he has talent but mentally he’s not there and his lack of size is a problem against big TE’s . Any offense with big TE’s will kill us with that matchup.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Our safeties suck and our ILB’s are a problem as well. This is going to be a long season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    We are doomed.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    And you watch the Dolphins have their game of their lives.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    My only problem with that play was a scheme that allowed the Seahawks to get Metcalf alone on Edmunds, but Edmunds did not play well otherwise. He had a huge missed tackle early on and he was the culprit on the pass interference that was called on replay. I know some people will argue that it isn't usually called, but he absolutely interfered on the play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    I didn't see interference on that play, but whatever. Agree Edmunds sucks, average at best but either way sadly a huge bust.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It was there. Edmunds pushed the receiver before the ball arrived. He was actually in decent position. All he had to do was play the ball instead of the man, but he failed to do that and it cost his team dearly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    Either way, they still had a chance to get off the field after that on that 3rd and long play. Instead they let Wilson rush to within a yard of the 1st. They just can't get a stop when it matters. It's last year all over again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Same denominator... buttler

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Our defense is the main problem IMO, even though we still had a chance to beat Seattle with a game winning field goal. However, they converted a 3rd & long & a 4th & 1 to seal the game.

Furthermore, the team failed to draft good defensive players ever since Polamalu, Keisel, Harrison, Hampton, Farrior, Smith, Hoke, Taylor, Gay, etc. retired. Haden, Watt, Bush, Dupree, & our defensive line is all we got.

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yes the interference was there but just slightly. The play to dk was actually pretty good coverage. Perfect pass. When they say it's a game of inches those two plays prove it. No that doesn't make him suck. He's just like the rest of the defense, makes some plays and then don't make plays. Very inconsistent.

Butler and Jerry o. Just go. Ray Sherman sat there on the bench looking as disinterested as any coach I have ever seen. Out the door. I wouldn't stop there either. Player wise or coach wise.

Big dan. Chickillo. Kelly. Moncrief. Switzer. Holton. Ben. Foster. Burns. Vince. Matakevich. Nix. Maybe even cam soon. Dangerfield. Bud. Grimble. Many of these guys are either replaceable or at the end of their journeys here. We have some talent but we are not getting the most out of it. Depth is very average at best. It may be time to cut the head off.:cool:

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Edmunds had more than just two bad plays. He had an ugly missed tackle that turned a nothing pass to Lockett into a big play. Even the deep ball he broke up, he put a hand on the receiver first. It was as much interference as the one that was called. The guy makes no impact plays and he makes too many mistakes. He's not playing like a first-round draft pick. He's playing like a below-average starter, the kind of guy the team should be looking to replace.

McCullers is an idiot and it isn't even the first time he has made that mistake. His penalty was a significant part of the loss and as usual, he did nothing but take up space. I'm not sure what your problem with Nix is. He's injured and they clearly miss him. They missed Williams when he got hurt yesterday, too. Bush clearly isn't ready to be playing that much.

Butler should have been gone two years ago. If this team misses the playoffs again, Tomlin needs to go. Even if they turn things around this season, once again he didn't have his team ready to start the season. My concern now is that Roethlisberger's injury will turn into an excuse for him.

14. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Been saying it for years that ben was highly overrated and since day 1 came in here his rookie year with an allstar supporting cast and now he doesnt and he looks like a deer in headlights.... Actually had a few clowns on here arguing with me that ben was just as good if not better than brady..... i even think they would agree that is comical........... With the teams we have had we should have won alot more....... Sorry people, Ben just not that good..... Time to move on

15. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    Kudos to bush? What did he do besides looking lost? and do not say pick up gift made fumble........

16. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Watt is very good. Elite? No. That's von miller, Khalil mack, etc.. hes not on their level.

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Last like 3 years tbh.

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah I have to admit I praised them for Bush but he looks abd so far. Someone here last week said I was wrong to talk about his coverage since that's what he was drafted for but coverage at MLB in college in the nfl is night and day.

19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Dupree?

20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    My only problem with nix is we rarely use him. Not just this year. Vince did very little. Dan was the reason for the stop before the FG try but turned around and cost us. Edmunds did many things well and some things bad as well. I never said he only had two bad plays. That's the trouble no consistency. This defense is built on that.:cool:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016

But do not forget shazier was god awful till week 14 his rookie season and then he became a beast..... Bush will be good. I think the game is just to fast for him right now...........