1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

extremely early mock

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Dec 10, 2017.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Justification for the above.

Reid in for a visit today. I would love Edmund's here too but I think the team likes this kid better at this spot.

Baker, call it a hunch but I think he's our guy. They went to OSU and are hoping for lightning in a bottle or as close to it as they can get. Plays lights out at times but needs some refinement to bring out his full potential.

Washington. Maybe he slips down this far. Maybe we flip he and baker. Washington has been linked to us since way early. All the brass went to OK.St. too.

Herndon is a guy we quietly went to see. They like his potential and he's built rock solid with some downfield potential.

Thomas. If we can some how save our 5th Thomas could go here. The numbers are there. He is in for a visit today. He's been linked to the 7th Rd. but I believe he will go earlier possibly, for now in this spot.

Edwards. Potential. Was a pretty solid back on a bad team. We could easily add pettaway from auburn or Warren from Texas. The latter two were studs in the making but injuries sat them out and the next man up took over the job. Both should be healed and hungry again.:cool:

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Pretty good player selection in the above mock mac.

I really can't fiND any holes in Reids game. As a player on the field he has it all.

Baker is a soft or finesse LB, but he may have the best coverage skills of any linebacker in the draft.

I love Washington. I think right now he is a Mike Wallace type of WR. He can fly but his lack of route running ability was amplified at the Senior Bowl and combine. He could slip to the 3rd.

Herndon is a solid all are around TE.

Its not my favorite scenario, but alot of players there I could live with.

3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Probably not my favourite either but reading the tea leaves and seeing us linked to many of these guys makes me think it will be something close to this. The slotting for these guys falls pretty close in line with our picks and from reading about our interest in them is kind of making sense. Where they fit is also pretty telling to me for what we may need.:cool:

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I like it.....not big on Washington though one trick pony IMO .Maybe Pettis or some chance Chark or Kirk gets there.
    Don't know the RB....any thoughts on a late flyer on Martez Carter.....damn I want a legitimate scat back so bad after all our failed experiments....
    https://herosports.com/fcs-football/nfl-draft-highlights-martez-carter-rb-grambling-byby

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I like it, got those 2 guys in my mock as well

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Baker I see dropping back to possibly being available in the 5th. Missing that 4th Rd. Pick makes it tough. I'm not sold on a LB in the first even though we need one bad. Bostic eases that but... It's just a weak class at that position. :cool: