1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Expectations?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Have some faith. If the Steelers management learned anything over the last few years, there could be a lot new looks to the Steelers. If they didn't, well, we had a great franchise for a nice long run!

2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    They need some sloppy wins in Sept. so my prediction has a chance. (13-3)
    If they can finally win in New England, might get out of the month with a winning record. If they lose, we will be lucky to be .500 at the start of Oct.

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    By contradictory, do you mean me assuming your were smart?:smiley1:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    My expectations are a 10+ win team and a playoff berth. If the leaders whether the real ,imagined or wanna be types can’t put all this supposed extra motivation to good use then there is a disconnect with this team that should require major changes next year. I expect with the proper focus they should be able to use the “ doubters “ chip on their shoulders to their full advantage. Talk is cheap. It’s put up or shut up time. If they can’t use the past seasons failures to put together a very solid season,maybe,just maybe the problem is bigger than who’s gone and more about who’s still here.

They have been promising more focus and better results for a few years now. The excuses are no longer in the building....and the answers might not be either. Anything less than a AFCCG to me is a failure....IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Some of the best points made in this forum in a while.

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You know it probably isn't wise to disparage other board members as mental midgets, challenge whether they are smart or not and tout your own intelligence for being smart enough to not be distracted by the 3 ring circus several times in the thread. Because when you use "sighting" when you what you meant to use was "Citing" in the same thread it tends to make the claims of intelligence laughable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I see that someone is greatly outmatched.

8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    there is no need to get on a high horse here. Ever hear of auto-correct or voice to text? When someone acts like a mental midget, regardless of spelling or auto-correct, there is no need to protect them from being called a mental midget. It's a tough world out there.:smiley1:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Oh I know all about the demon that is Damien Auto correct which is why I try to never tease guys about their grammer, spelling or punctuation because damn autocorrect gets us all. However what you are doing is placing yourself above others by calling them mental midgets and saying your smarter than they are while making the stupid mistake of not proofreading your work. You have been hoisted by your own petard sir.

• Like Like x 2
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I don't believe in political correctness, if you act like a mental midget, well then....you know.

And explain exactly how your calling my action stupid is different?

Be careful of those petards!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Speaking of political correctness.... ever notice the people who whine the most about PC are the people who are most easily offended? This is a general observation of modern society... not singling out anyone here specifically. Gotta love irony.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That was exactly my point. Political correctness is basically the belief that everyone should be able to be and do whatever they want........as long as I approve.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

You mean like the people who rail the loudest against bullies, are the biggest bullies themselves?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    And when you act like an emotional midget, well then... you know.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Shouldn't that be emotional little person?:cool:

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Go Yinz Stillers n’ at

Just to keep it related :smiley1:

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Only if you lack intestinal fortitude and need others to tell you how to think, feel, act, and speak.....i.e. political correctness.;)

19. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    That's not political correctness that's called being a sheep and not thinking for yourself.

Political Correctness is saying Native American instead of indian, or person of color instead of black or latino, or saying Happy Holidays not Merry Christmas. It's an effort to not to offend anyone and so they go to sometime extreme measures in order to accomplish that goal.

20. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    The difference in my referring to not proof reading your post before hitting post reply as a stupid mistake and what you are doing is very straightforward. I'm not calling you stupid, the action stupid or making any assumption about the post. Not proofreading is a stupid mistake one most of us make, and when pointed out or noticed we all go that was dumb, chuckle and then fix it. It's like climbing into your car at the gas station, not buckling your seat belt even though you can see a cop watching you across the intersection and getting pulled over. You see it, you know better and you do it anyway resulting in a ticket.

Now for the third time I will explain this. It has nothing to do with not being politically correct. You are calling people who don't agree with you mental midget's even doubling down on it saying if they act like it you are going to call them that. At the same time you are repeatedly talking about your own intelligence. Basically telling the mental midgets who don't agree with you

You: Me smart, you dumb!

I'm simply pointing out how saying you're intelligent enough to not fall for the 3 ring circus is laughable when you make a glaring error in spelling and word usage. It's like saying they are dumb and you're not and then turning and walking into a glass door.

Finally in order for me to be hoisted by MY own petard. I would have to either harp repeatedly on your spelling and Grammer and then use there instead of their or your for you're. Or I would have to tout my intelligence and then make a similar mistake.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Enough petards... And long live Picard! Let's Go STEELERS and make it so number 7!

So forth and what not!

22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Semantics. A group of people who try to force the rest of the world to do and say what that group wants to see and hear is pure ignorance. It's just their attempt to be in the spotlight.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  23. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    If its another slow start with this years schedule, this might be a reality.

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I hope I'm wrong, but it's looking like an average, frustrating year. This is the toughest schedule in many years.

25. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Really? I'd say one of the easiest.

We get the Seahawks at home. Luck retired. Outside of the Patriots, we get the AFC Least. Baltimore and Cincy are both going backwards this year.

Sure, tough games against New England, Rams and Chargers. Browns may be better but we won't lose both.

I still see at worst 11-5. if our Oline and therefore our QB remain healthy, that's what I see.

• Disagree Disagree x 1