1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Expectations for next season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by FootballAnalyst98, Mar 14, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Bell is one out of how many and we don't have the same talent evaluators in place like we did in 01 in terms of defense. We are basically playing crapshoot and hoping we strike gold in the draft which I can't see 2 rookies stepping in and making us Superbowl bound.

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Also, people need to realize... the Steelers won't have the luxury of facing backup QBs and avoiding injuries like they did in 2017, sans Shazier. Sooner or later injuries happen to major contributors on offense and defense. Steelers play the AFC West and NFC South. This upcoming schedule will be brutal to say the least. The worst teams in both of those divisions are more than capable of beating the Steelers... Chargers and Bucs. The Steelers will continue to play down to sub-par teams... I predict at least 2 losses next year to sub-.500 teams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I never said anything about anyone being super bowl bound. I agree that the scouts/FO haven't been drawing aces lately, but a rookie can step up and make a difference. When Ryan went out we saw they had no depth at that position, imagine where they would have been if Watt wasn't contributing. I don't think they get 13 wins last season with out JuJu playing like he did.

4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That prediction isn't exactly going out on limb.;+)

No one knows whether or not they'll be facing backup QB's or what the injury situation will be.

5. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jameis Winston and Philip Rivers light up our D and we end up losing.

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Art Rooney II won't let that happen, that's why he ran Arians out of town :cool:.

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Winston and Rivers won't light them up, their backups will.o_O

8. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    I think some people are only football fans because more than anything they love to complain and put down their own team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Sorry, but if Steelers played against Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck and Deshaun Watson last year... 10-6 at best.

Luck is not good at Heinz Field, but he would have destroyed us at Lucas Oil.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm not complaining. I love the Steelers. I just have more awareness of reality and truth than most. And I refuse to get my hopes up for this team when one side of the ball is clearly in total disarray and lacking the necessary talent to advance in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    They seem to always play at the same level as their competition (except NE), none of their losses surprise me.

They also usually play their best football when they're down at least 2 scores (except NE), none of their comebacks surprise me either.

12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    And cleveland is loaded with talent this year, if their coaches can bring it all together we cant count them as two wins anymore....

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    They just lost LT Thomas and they still don't have a QB. Don't be afraid of Tyrod Taylor.

14. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    With Barkley running the ball and Landry catching it they dont need taylor to do much....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    We've gotta keep Bell long-term and he come to camp prepared as well as sign a good DB. Absolutely have to do it.

16. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Not to nitpick, but do you really have faith that the front office as of late can evaluate DB talent successfully? I mean, Burns and Davis aren't bad, but would you say they've played up to their draft spots to this point in their careers?

17. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    Barkley can't make holes by himself and Landry can't throw the ball to himself.

You guys are afraid of the boogeyman underneath your bed but there is no boogeyman underneath your bed. You're just inventing things to be afraid of.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    When you pick the left overs in the bottom of the first and second round expectations for instant success is very limited especially with questionable coaching......

19. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    Yes, I have faith in the front office. Every team gets most of it's draft picks wrong and we have CB Joe Haden now.

Would I say that Burns and Davis have played up to their draft spots? Yes. Who are you comparing them to, Woodson and Polomalu?

What you are doing is looking at a brand new Corvette and using a microscope to find a tiny insignificant flaw in the paint and saying the whole thing is trash when it's not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah but juju was a beast in college before his last college season he was considered a top 5-10 pick he dropped due to having a down year in his senior season. Plus we have Ben orchestrating at qb. You forget without Leveon and ab hr nearly won us a game vs Denver in the playoffs and they had a historically great defense that cam and Brady struggled with. Who do we have on defense that is elite and can make others better? No one. If we had a earl Thomas then you could say hey we can get by with rookie corners. Or if we still had shazier you can say he we can get by with decent olbs

21. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    For all of you haters, is there anything you actually like about the Steelers?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  22. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Correction:I meant Boswell as l must watch too many informercials on hair products!

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I mean you just have to at some point
    be realistic about your team and not just be a blind witness that will go with anything they do.

24. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    So for you that is a "no".

Okay, how about the rest of you Steeler haters?

25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I get what you're saying. I never said their defense was any good or was going to be any good. My point was rookies can be impact players. I don't know what my expectations of this team are yet. It's only March, it's too early to tell (my original response to the original post).