1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Excluding Belichick and Reid, which CURRENT NFL head coaches are better than Tomlin?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by saturdaysarebetter, Feb 20, 2023.

1. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    yep - HOF talent.....

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I shouldn't have to tell You if You .....if You sucked in college....I don't want You.
    It doesn't mean You will suck in the NFL.....nothing is 100%, but I wouldn't take a chance on it.

3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Tim Tebow was an all time great college qb. One of the best ever. You can even argue he was the best. He didn't suck in college so why did a lot of people think he'd suck in the nfl and wrote him off as not good enough to be a starting qb at the next level if according to you saying it's about "if you sucked in college I shouldn't have to tell you I don't want you".

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Read what You just wrote....maybe a few times, and tell Me what that has to do with what I said. Maybe for help also read again what I said....then read what you wrote....LoL.
    Your reply is about nothing I said. LoL

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    It does. It's called applying logic to a different situation.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    But it's not what I was talking about. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    keeping mediocre coordinators around is not helping Tomlin's cause. Its almost like he's being setup to fail.....

8. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    You are using semantics just to pick a fight. You know damn well what STD meant with his statement. He was referring to the fact that Kenny Pickett has not played a full NFL season yet and because of that, it's probably too early to start judging him. You were trying to pin him down to a statement saying that no college player should be judged until they've played a full year in the NFL. That is absolutely ludicrous.

There are scouts and NFL personnel that get paid a lot of money to evaluate talent at the college level. They are the ones who decide if a player is a good fit for the team or not. Kenny Pickett had obviously been deemed a good fit, therefore the use of a first-round selection on him. Chris Oladukan was selected with a 7th round pick in the same draft. By your logic, should he be given the exact same amount of playing time as Kenny Pickett in order to be judged in the same way? Both he and Kenny came from college, therefore they should both get a full year starting so we know who our franchise quarterback can be. Right? That's not how any of this works.

Also, you are correct in that there were plenty of Tebow detractors coming out of the draft but that did not stop him from getting his shot in the NFL. He proved that he was not an NFL caliber quarterback and was judged as such.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. John Veres

John Veres New Member

Nov 16, 2021
    I could come up with 31 better coaches. Face it, he is not a head coach. He is a figure head for the NFL.

10. John Veres

John Veres New Member

Nov 16, 2021
    Only a figure head and not a head coach.