1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Exactly the risk you take when you pass to much

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Nov 8, 2011.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Ravens ran the ball 10 more times than we did and they had a yard less per carry.......
    We had a chance to score in the Redzone and we get cute when we should run the ball .....
    We get the lead and stay pass happy????I will never understand that...
    Mendenhall was a tackle away on 3 or 4 runs from breaking big runs....
    Redman was a tackle away from breaking a long one as well on 1 of his 2 carries.....
    Why do you throw to your blocking TE with the game on the line???
    Why fake the FB dive and pitch on 3rd. and short when Redman had had 0 carries at that point.....Great play I been screaming for ,but BA has no clue how or when to use it....Or how to set that play up.....

Anyway ramble over.........BA must go ,,,,,,he might have just cost us another season.......This next game is now huge as if The Bengals beat us and the Ravens,,,, the Ravens would hold all tie breakers vs. us for a wild card spot ......

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm with you PWP I started a thread last night about trying to establish the run late in the game. It just doesn't work. The Ravens front seven had no fear of any of the Steeler's RB's while the whole game plan seemed to be about stopping Rice, instead of a game plan like the week before that wanted to create havok for the opposing QB to have to deal with. It was a strange game.

3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes it was a very strange game and it seems our Coaches gave it away.....It also seems to me that we are killing the confidence of our OL and our RB'S......We have the lead ,but we dont trust you guys to be able to run the ball and close out the game.......Was the perfect time to try at least we take away all of the Ravens TO'S even if we can't convert 1st. downs......

Also BA should have put a shovel pass in before the game,,,,but it was criminal not to put one in when they started stacking all 3 LB'S on the left side and dropping DL into zone coverage at the snap.......They ran that D at least 4 times ........Very good chance Mendenhall could have took a shovel pass for a huge gain if not the distance........

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm not sure if it was a run-pass thing. There just seemed to be no rhythm out there, until Ben got the no-huddle going. Yes, the run game would have helped our red zone offense, but the run game itself needs a look at - we need to exploit our strengths, rather than continuously sending Mendenhall into traffic that he doesn't want to go into.

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    guys this is 2011 you cannot run the ball and win in the NFL these days...it is just a fact....

6. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Most winning team still run the ball situationally. Mendy was running well and was getting 4 ypc. He also had a real nice run taken away by a phantom holding call. We were running against them. I also do not understand the lack of a call to take advantage of that D they ran several times. Iven a QB sneak on that would have worked (Brady does that frequently when he sees that the D line will be volnerable -- he takes the snap and just goes, usually gets around 8-12 yards too.)

7. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I guess someone forgot to tell the texans......look what is happening to the raiders now that they have Palmer.

8. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    IF DJ catches that pass we are not talking about this.

9. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Which is why it should not have been a pass, and if it had to be a pass,why would you throw it to DJ?