1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ex-Steeler Sightings

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelCity_NB, Jul 21, 2012.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah its a slow news day. Still waiting on the Wallace & Decastro signings. But here's a little reading about a few ex-Steelers.

VANCOUVER -- Joe who?

Edmonton's Joe Burnett made a name for himself Friday night, making two interceptions to lead the Eskimos to a 27-14 victory over the B.C. Lions in CFL action.

Burnett returned his second pick 108 yards at 9:32 of the fourth quarter to secure the victory after the Eskimos held a precarious 19-14 lead.

"All I was thinking was six, six, six," said Burnett of his long TD run. "I needed a touchdown there."

--------

MISSISSAUGA, Ont. -- Swayze Waters quickly set the record straight.

Following his first workout with the Toronto Argonauts on Monday, one of the first questions the 25-year-old American kicker faced was whether he was named after actor Parick Swayze. After all, earlier this season defensive back Pacino Horne divulged his mother named him after Academy Award-winning actor Al Pacino.

But no such luck with Swayze.

"I get that a lot," the native of Jackson, Miss., said. "But it's actually a family name.

"It's my great-grandmother's maiden name. It's just a coincidence."

Swayze attended the Edmonton Eskimos training camp earlier this summer before being released. Now, he's looking to make Toronto his home, for the next couple of months anyways after the CFL club placed veteran kicker/punter Noel Prefontaine on the nine-game injured list with a hip ailment.

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Of all the posts I have read, this is certainly one of them.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i liked burnett when he was here, but he seemed to take a step back. i thought he could have been a decent dime guy or backup FS even. oh well, glad to hear he's still playing the game as a pro. thanks NB for the info. keep em comin from the great white north.

we did it in baseball for years, and do it in hokey, i'm really suprised they haven't used canadian football as the "other league" they always seem to be trying to make. it's well established up north and an influx of some of that nfl money could help. it would take a few alterations i know. we are trying to spread it all over the world, so why not start next door with a league already in place. win win. what's the feelings on it up there NB? :herewego: :cool:

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It would be fun to know how many former Steelers have ended up in the CFL. What can I say...I'm bored.

5. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Keith Gary was in the CFL. He wanted an arm and a leg to sign with us. He went to the CFL. When he wanted to come back Art Rooney said (don't know if it was art or not really) Since you have to come through us, we'll sign you at the vet min! Nanananabooboo Kieth.