1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Evil Genius on Netflix

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by SteelCity_NB, May 20, 2018.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Anyone check this out yet?

I remember hearing about "The Collar Bomber" when it happened back in 2003. I never knew how it turned out or if anyone was ever arrested. It was interesting to watch and get caught up on.

Being that this all took place in Eerie, I'm sure it was even big news around Pittsburgh and even Eastern Ohio or upstate NY.

Was curious what other people thought about the documentary itself and the story as a whole.

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I haven't seen it, but I'll check it out this week. I remember this story very well, because I was going to college at the time and delivering pizzas at night. Everyone I worked with got really paranoid for a while.

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Just finished episode 3 last night and its a very interesting story. I don't remember this when it happened (I was in Colorado at the time and probably didn't watch the national news), but my Mom was born in Erie (now lives in NE Ohio) and she doesn't remember it either. I told her about it and she binge watched it the last couple days. Her friend is a court reporter and her company did the dictation on a Marjorie interview. She was very disruptive and combative, just like what's portrayed. I'll watch another episode tonight.

Such a silly motive imo, I'm anxious to see how it all developes.

Takes me back to my Erie days hanging out at the Plymouth, Shaggy Dog and some bar with an irish name lol. That town has so many bars.....And then finishing it all off with a meatball omelet at the 'Nicks (Domenicks). Not sure how my liver survived.

Used to spend my childhood summers in Harbor Creek too.

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I saw this awhile back, such a crazy story? I remember the story on the news back in the day, but not much else.

I guess I don't totally understand the motive though? Did they never want the cash, because there is no way that guy with the bomb was going to make it back alive under any scenario, they had to know that?

Did she just want to mess with that bank?