1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Etienne or Harris?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by strummerfan, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Good points but our need for a center or upgrade at either tackle spot is immense. I just can’t see them not going OL RD 1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Harris catches a pass, runs vertical, makes contact, gets knocked back and then gets tackled. You guys are excited because you think he trucked someone.

Travis Etienne scores on that play.;)

3. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Uh, no. I was excited because he held onto a ball that was slightly off target to the point that he had to stretch out to catch even after taking a huge hit from a db that simply bounced off of him. Etienne is 25 pounds lighter than Harris and has 3 inch shorter arms. IF he held onto that ball he would absolutely get pushed back further by the hit if not knocked down.

"You guys are excited because you think he trucked someone."

Do not put words in my mouth. If you want to know my opinion on something, ask me.

Against 2 common opponents filled with NFL talent: Notre Dame and Ohio State, Harris was easily the most impressive back between himself and Etienne. He was more impressive than Williams, too.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Etienne would have landed on the 20 yard line after that shot :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    agree, good catch and balance, go Najee, no one knows come draft day

6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Relax dude. No one's putting words in your mouth.

I am not on the Harris bandwagon the way some of you are. To each his own. I wouldn't hate the pick if that's how it goes down.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    But does he take that shot? Etienne spins off that, goes to the outside and scores. Outside is wide open.

My post was facetious, for the most part. But with his burst, and ability to change direction, I honestly think Etienne scores on that play.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    I would not say I am on the bandwagon. Typically I despise the idea of drafting RBs or WRs in the first round but there is no denying that RB is a position of need and that the Steelers have shown a lot of interest in the position, to the point they may select it in the first round. To that end I will take an interest in who I think is the best RB in the draft and that just happens to be Harris. I would be happy with Williams or Etienne as well.

• Like Like x 2
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I do despise the Idea of drafting a Rb, or Wr in the 1st round. When was the last "great " rb & wrs that took their team 2 a SB?
    Last 2 times We won a SB it was a UDFA Willie Parker.
    Last time we lost a SB it was a 1st round pick R.(I can't hold onto the ball) Mendenhall.
    Anyway I like about 5 Rbs in this draft Etienne, and Harris being my top 2 , but I don't want either in the 1st.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Don't let Mendenhall ruin first round backs for you bro. He's not worth it! :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yes he should have held that ball. At the time it felt like they were really starting to control the game. I remember a TE deciding to not block anyone and allowing him to get set-up by 2 guys instead of one...Don't forget Ben throwing a redzone pick though...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    First 4 times we won?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Don't underestimate the value of an isolated trucking incident. Got Clowney drafted first overall and convinced Steeler Nation that Spillane was a good player.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    This draft is way too deep at rb to use a 1st rounder on one

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm sorry. I didn't know we were talking about football that doesn't pertain 2 any football that's played today. I can't even count the ways Football is different from then.
    Hell if we go back far enough. We can find when the Clowns were champs.
    Not trying 2 be a D**k , so if that came out wrong , my apologies.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Franco would have this team & Ben in the AFCCG. Yeah, he was that good...a true leader. 70s Steelers learned what it takes to be a champion from him & a few others.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree, but we are talking about now, and the SBs that I was talking about are far enough away with out bring up ones 40 years ago.
    40 years ago drafting a RB in the 1st round was excellent, today not so much.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm not, I'm letting 1st round Rbs, that were drafted by THEIR teams do it for me. They don't really push a team into Championships . E. Elliott, S. Barkley, and A. Peterson, all great 1st round picks that have won how many Championships, or playoff games.
    Yes I know someone will go back 25 years ago and show me one.
    Also some will say , but you get the 5th year option. LoL.
    1. If they are good enough,they won't play for that coveted 5th year option. They will want a enormous contract, that they won't be able 2 fulfill.
    2. If they are not good enough...who cares about the 5th year option.

19. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'd argue it depends on the rb. I would say a select few are worth a 1st rounder. If they're dropping out of a top ten pick in today's/yesterday's NFL then i wouldn't use a first rounder on one personally.

• Like Like x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well when the owner of the team says they need to improve the running game, and he doesn't want them to ranked last again, if Harris or Etienne is on the board at #24 you take them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    I hope you are right. Don't want a first round RB. Even though, I prefer Ettiene overall. Don't want either in the first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    There are many ways to improve the run game. Taking a marginally superior RB to someone else you may get in the 4th may not be the best way.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I will take he Chiefs with a rookie 1st round running back in the 2021 Superbowl for the block.

Although they did actually lose the game, they were still there with a starting rookie RB they just drafted in the 1st round.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yet they won without him,and lost with him, but good block.:thumbs_up:

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If we return to our identity which I hope, RB and OL along with a run game coordinator
    who can teach these OL the run game are a definite need
    in this draft. We must get back to physical football if we are to compete with our
    current QB situation. Not to worry, QB help will be on the way in 2022.

• Like Like x 1