1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN's QB Tier Ranking

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel4Blood, Jul 24, 2018.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Truth. Agree 100%

2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    You are very confusing.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Wilson is better than Roethlisberger at this point. Wilson doesn't have the caliber of weapons that Ben currently has. Baldwin and Graham are good players, but they can't hang with AB, JuJu and Bell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    And the Broncos won their Super Bowl despite Peyton Manning, not because of him. AB wasn't AB yet when the Steelers played the Packers. Speaking of Julius Thomas do you you remember Mike Wallace? Ben made that guy a fortune. How about Santonio Holmes? Not the same player without Ben.

I will give you that Ben was awful in Super Bowl 40. But in 43 Ben played with one of the worst offensive lines in Super Bowl history, Willie Parker, and an injured Hines Ward. Ben won us that game and he did it without star players around him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben had a hell of a drive to win the game, but without JH making arguably the greatest play in SB history, we lose that game. Ben had an okay game, not great, not bad. His game winning drive was incredible, but other than that drive, he didn't do a whole lot. He was solid though.

6. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Yeah Ben has been inconsistent at times and yeah he does throw a bad int once in a while.
    But the drive to win that SB was awesome especially after going backward to start it.
    The two throws to Santonio were perfect. Not many QB's would have had the balls or the skill to make that game winning throw.

And still the NFL keeps referring to the Montana to Clark throw as "THE CATCH". Joe rolls right and throws to a wide open Clark in the endzone. It wasn't even a SB but the NFC championship and I know it put SF past their rivals the Cowboys but really calling that "THE CATCH". If that is "THE CATCH" what could they possibly call Holmes's catch.

As far as rankings go I think Brady even with all the records and SB wins is as much a product of a system as anything. Maybe its just me hating on him but NE doesn't exactly fall apart without him. Completing 34 out of 48 dink n dunk 6 and 7 yd crossing routes will never impress me. Yes he is still no 1 but I still don t like him.

7. Steel4Blood

Steel4Blood Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    AB and Bell are arguably the best RB and best WR in the League.
    John Taylor was not close to the best back.
    Marvin Harrison nor Edge were the absolute best at their position either.
    Not to mention the Line Ben does have.
    I think its very safe to say Ben neeeds to produce with these weapons!
    He makes to many mistakes to be Tier 1. He is top Tier 2 but he can not carry this team anymore like rodgers and brady can with crappy weapons around them!

8. Steel4Blood

Sep 7, 2017
    He is the MVP of the team because he is a good QB but not Tier 1. Any Tier 2 QB is the MVP of the Team because QB means so much more than any other Position.
    Russel Wilson would be a better MVP on our team if he was on it.
    Im glad Ben is a Steeler and he used to be Tier 1 but not anymore.
    Im glad he will retire a Steeler but this isnt a career achievement list its a right now list and right now Wilson is better.

9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Not even sure where to start. First off, John Taylor wasn't even close to the best back, because he wasn't a back. He was a wide receiver and a damn good one at that. Second off Marvin Harrison and Edgerin James were indeed among the best at their respective positions. Go back and look at the stats. AB and Bell have a long way to go to match the numbers Marvin and Edge did in Indy.

Ben has been in the league a long time. He hasn't had Bell and Brown his whole career. Not sure anyone was making this argument when Johnathan Dwyer was our starting back and Ben had an awful line in front of him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    That year they went to the sb in 2014 and got blown out by Seattle that Denver teams defense wasnt that good. Both von and harris were hurt. Peyton carried them to that sb.

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Edge was no longer with he colts when they won the sb. Their starting rb was dominic rhodes.. and as a duo the edge and marvin arent ab and bell. They are simply the 2 very best at their position in the nfl. And taylor was a solid receiver. Not all that.

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Santonio Holmes got paid off one game. He was never all that to begin with. Mike Wallace did go to bmore and have a solid season with flacco but he also wasnt all that imo was a good deep threat but not a great all around receiver. And julius thomas literally looked like he could be the next gronk with peyton. He isnt even in the league anymore I dont think I havent heard his name at all since denver. And your wrong about peyton's last sb. He played great against the best team they played all year in the AFC championship which was ne who was better than carolina. He threw for what 2 TDs and was very efficient they dont win that sb without peyton.

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    yeah the 2013 season lol. I meant manning as in Eli manning. But yeah you can add peyton as another who has beaten brady in the playoffs and we cant lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steel4Blood

Sep 7, 2017

Because back then he was younger and Tier 1!!!!!! What arent you getting. He used to be Tier 1 but he has regressed and anyone who claims he hasnt has lost his mind! Ben is not as good as he was 4 or 5 years ago. Just is not true. The only thing keeping him from having mediocre seasons is the fact he has a good line and AB and L Bell.
    He couldnt do what he used to do which is carry the team now!!!!
    Also AB has already surpassed how good Marvin Harrison was back then. Do you even Question that?
    L Bell is also in my opinion much better then the Edge was.
    Edge played when Marshal Faulk was winning MVP!!!! Faulk was way better then Edge.
    Then came Priest Holmes, Jamal Lewis, Shaun Alexander, Ladanian Tomlinson.
    Edge was NEVER considered the best back. He was lucky to have Manning take the pressure off the running game thats all!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Did you miss the last half of the season last year? In what way has Ben regressed exactly? Ben carried the Steelers to come from behind wins against the Bengals, Packers and Ravens at the end of the year. Any other quarterback but Ben and the Steelers dont even make the playoffs. By the way, what year exactly did Leveon Bell win the MVP? I must have missed that. Best at your position is subject to opinion. Frankly, Todd Gurley beat Bell in every single freaking category last year.

As for AB, what if I turned the argument around? What if I said, hey AB isnt as good as Julio Jones because look how much talent he has around him? It would sound pretty stupid right? Its a straw man argument to make, and you can make it about any good player on a good team.

17. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Never said Edge played in the Colts Super Bowl. Best back in the league is Todd Gurley. Show me one stat from 2017 where Bell was the best at his position.

18. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Not "the" reason but a major one. He converted downs, protected the football, utilized his teammates, etc.. He was very young in his career for the first one.

Ben's always had a winning mindset and a competitive nature since coming out of college.

19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yet you said ben deserves to be tier one above both Wentz and wilson essentially saying he is better than them when they BOTH had much better stats than ben last yr. You cant on one hand say Gurley is better than leveon due to stats but then say ben is tier 1 when his stats were far from the best last yr...

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Montana was a first yr starter his first sb and he was clearly the reason they won it all. Brady was the best player on ne that first sb. Its plausible for that to happen. Ben has been a great qb. He just hasnt been that guy that can carry a team with not much around him like a rodgers, manning, pre Jerry rice montana, Elway, etc...