1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

eric rowe

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Nov 18, 2023.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
  3. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They are going to need all the help they can get back there with Fitzpatrick still unable to practice and Neal on IR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    with the browns qb problems this really happened on a good week for us. get through this and maybe minkah can be back by next week. hopefully walker is up to speed on passing downs and the safety spot shouldn't be too bad. i'm not sure of the thinking of trenton thompson starting though. why wouldn't they start lillebrew or riley or even rush back there? i guess a game time decision. :cool:

7. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I didn't picture @Blast Furnace as a cigar man...

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  9. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Blah, blah, blah …. Another aging vet beyond his prime offering up nothing. We have become the Salvation Army of NFL players. For some reason Tomlin thinks throwing meddling/ aging vets will fix our problems. When are we gonna learn.

10. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Fitzpatrick is probably saying to himself why would I want to come back. Stay on the sidelines and preserve his body until we commit to honest change at the QB and OC positions. I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be for some of the defensive players.

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    well blah blah blah i don't think this was a move to fix the defense. it's because we have no safeties left. riley got hurt Sunday and is out along with neal and minkah. :cool:

12. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Blah, blah, blah …. I get it. But man we’re gonna have to invite Medicare down to the practice facility and get these guys there geritol. I would rather see some younger players to see if we can uncover a diamond in the rough.

13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    isn't that why trenton thompson got the start? you have to have guys around these young ones that can be a player coach type. rowe is nothing more than a last resort type of signing that could catch on to the scheme a little quicker than a green player. he may be able to help thompson. thompson didn't play too badly Sunday for his first game. if riley didn't go down, rowe probably wouldn't have been signed. neal has to miss 3 more games. :cool:

14. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
  15. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Damn. Safeties and ILBs dropping like flies

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    All good points. They need to do a major overhaul of the secondary next year. Minkah and JPJ out if the starters are the only two foundational pieces. I would love to see Rush get in more. Not sure what is going on with him. It’s definitely a rag tag lineup on defense right now. As bad as our offense is I actually think from a personnel standpoint we need more talent from a high pedigree added to that side next offseason.

offensively I think it is more about scheme and coaching with the exception of KP. They obviously need to bring in somebody better than Mitch to compete with KP next year under our new future yet to be OC.