1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Enough with the restructuring

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Sixpack, Feb 11, 2012.

1. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    He was outstanding for 90% of the season this year. Yes, he fell to pieces when it mattered most, but that could have been prevented with better defensive planning by Tomlin/LeBeau. They kept him on an island when he clearly was having an off day and needed help.

But my God, the rest of the season... I don't know what more you could want from a CB.

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    we can restructure trow and ben too

for the cut add ward and will allen then i would ask farrior a pay cut , otherwise we have to bring a fa ilb , since sylvester is not ready to start and probably never will

3. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    :shrug:

25 interceptions, with 15 returned for TD's? He'd still get hate...

4. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How about some ints for a change? Never made the pro bowl, wonder why? He has no hands.

5. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Ugh. You win. He stinks and stunk it up all year.

You know what cornerback has outstanding hands? Julian Edelman. Perhaps you'd rather have him out there covering every team's best receiver. I wish Ike was as good as him.

6. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Just remember Wm Gay isnt on the roster since he only signed a 1yr contract so they may resign him again for another yr that will add $1.5(i think)

7. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I agree I would love for Ike to have more interceptions-just a few even- but, I'm with Smack on this.

What is CB's first job? Defend the pass, right? Everything else is gravy.

That's like wanting a pass rusher who gets sacks to knock the QB out of the game or he's lacking.

Or a WR who only catches TD's.

He does his job well. And it's obvious he takes his job seriously and is a true professional. He's always in tip top shape, rarely injured and knows the defense.

8. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Exactly. I know he's got terrible hands and has dropped more interceptions than he can count. But he said it himself -- that's the reason he's never made the Pro Bowl. Meaning... he is otherwise great! I simply assumed that we had all passed the point of acknowledging his bad hands and were evaluating him based on other abilities.

9. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    A Smith-bye
    C Hampton-bye
    Farriar-keep and restructure
    Foote-bye
    Mundy-keep
    Lefty-bye
    Batch-keep
    Wallace-keep
    D. Sepul.-bye
    Essex-???
    Lewis-keep
    Gay-???
    Starks-keep
    Cotchery-bye
    Scott-???
    Johnson-bye
    Foster-???
    Redman-keep
    Moore-bye
    Legursky-keep
    Mclendon-keep

10. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Sorry we will agree to disagree..the only reason he has looked good, not great in the past is because our other DBS r that bad and we usually have a great pass rush. He has more pass interf/holding calls at critical times than I care for.

11. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It has caught up with us from the 2010-2011 seasons after this year the tv money will just keep the status quo. On the other hand they are letting teams under the cap build and parlay their money from year to year.

12. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd say "bye" to all your "???". We can do much better than these scrubs. In my opinion.

13. 7+83=7

7+83=7 Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Not keeping Starks after knee injury...he put on 30-40 lbs during season
    Like Cotchery if $ is right

14. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    if he had good hands he would still be a WR just saying and reason he doesnt go to ProBowls is because they give the spot to a guy named Champ on mostly name only!

15. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    if he had good hands he would still be a WR just saying and reason he doesnt go to ProBowls is because they give the spot to a guy named Champ on mostly name only![/quote:37kfwk8z]
    If you're implying the voting for the Pro Bowl is based on anything other than merit, then I am so offended I must challenge you to a duel! :swordsman:

Aaron Smith, Heath Miller... how many Pro Bowls between those two? Maybe two? And both as second or third stringers?