1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Enough footballs

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, May 18, 2018.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    With Washington, juju, McDonald, Samuels and possibly nix getting more passes to them, how will AB and Bell react to numbers possibly going down? Could this become a problem? I know they will get there's but.........:cool:

2. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Honestly, with the caliber of talent we have, I really haven't seen this to be a problem. I admit it could be because I'm not paying close enough attention. When I look around the league at how some of the other "superstars" complain, I just don't really notice it here.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    ben will feed brown regardless and he will get his numbers

4. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I think it'll be quite the opposite..... AB & Bell will get their touches.... because Ben usually looks their way first..... it's up to those other guys to step up and make Ben feed them the ball. JuJu should get plenty of looks too, but the other ones not so much.

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I did notice Ben taking a liking to McDonald when he was on the field. Eli got a few but now we have another second round pick and juju possibly becoming more of a player in year two, I think it's a different situation with higher profile draft picks and a more trusted TE. Will Bell become disgruntled? This will be very interesting to watch I think.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    An investment in gatorade coolers would be a wise use of money

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    No matter whom it is Mac, Brown will always get his touches; Bell no less.

Now, how many touches Bell will receive will be interesting.

8. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    If they do this right, everyone will get some touches, and we will score a lot of points. Not enough to beat the Patriots but a lot none the less (I wanted to make sure I included everyone on this board with this statement)!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. fansince40s

fansince40s Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    How can Ben not feed two of the best in the NFL at there positions.

10. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Not a problem. After a few injuries we will be wishing we had more bodies available to make plays out there.

1.) AB will get more passes than anyone in the NFL if Ben is playing. That won't change.
    2.) JuJu will get a fair amount too.
    3.) Washington is a rookie and will get rookie #s.
    4.) McDonald's history says he will be injured half the time, wish not, as he is a nice addition.
    5.) Like Cris Collinsworth said when Nix had a touch, "That will be half the actual touches he has all year." He was right.
    6.) Bell will get all his touches, as Tomlin is too simple to diversify after a RB is productive. He will run his legs off.

I have zero fear of there being not enough balls to go around. THAT will not be what ails us.

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sustaining drives,less frequent 3 and outs should provide everyone with more opportunities

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Why do you think Martavious Bryant is gone?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Coupled with more turnovers and stops on D - achieving an average 40 min T.O.P on O will divvy up the stats proportionally. :thumbs up:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Let him become so disgruntled that his production drops to where no team offers him as much as Pgh has. Suck it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    It's a nice problem to have. No excuses...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    With this line up on offense.. Ben is the culprit on blowing 3rd and shorts..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Your not thinking Haley had some responsibility there?

18. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    If Ben throws the ball as much as he did in 17 there will be plenty to go around 561 pass attempts 360 completions 4251 yards and a 64.2 completion %, but only 28 TDs, which proves he could move the chains between the 20s but the receivers couldnt score when they caught it, in one game against the rats he threw for 506 yards with 66 attempts 44 completions with only 2 passing TDs scored the rest of the scoring was from Bell and boswell, and they won a squeker 39-38, so plenty of balls spread around few made it to the end zone and thanks to a piss poor defense they were lucky to get the win, maybe this year in fichtners offense more scoring will occur from these gaudy passing numbers and a good running game wont have to carry all the load and a better defense has to happen this year..............

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

68 of those catches are not here now. another 43 from jesse, which may decline if mcdonald is on the field more. now lets add bell missing camp and not on the same page with fichtners offense and timing, some of those catches may be in question. it was different when it was haleys, bell knew that better. last year was just that last year. every year things are different. hard to base this year on it. richard mann being gone is also a change. :cool:

20. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hear this stuff every year. Wow, what an unstoppable offense! Look at all those weapons! There aren't enough footballs!

But they'll finish 3rd or 5th in yardage, and 7th or 10th in points - like they done the last few years. Very good, but not league leading. Maybe that's why some media analysis has them amount the most overrated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Excellent response, couldn't agree more. It's about having offensive opportunities. If our D can't get off the field on 3rd downs, less eat for our stars on offense...

• Like Like x 1
  22. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Because his contract was ending?

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Do you not remember him about 3/4 of season making a big stink about not being thrown to.

Yes his contract was expiring and no the Steelers weren't going to pay him. I praise the Steelers for getting rid of this malcontent.

24. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I remember what was reported, but I wasn't behind the scenes. What I choose to remember is how he helped us later in the season. To be fair, I tend to worry more about what I see (or don't see) on the field than I do on the negative behind the scenes stuff.