1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Emmanuel Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mstng1863, Jul 28, 2014.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    So he's saying the hardest working & obsessed QB in NFL History out works Ben..... shocker

How about Lance saying Ben has a stronger arm than Brees.....?

There both stating the obvious trying to become closer to their New QB and hopefully stay relevant....

Now what about Clark saying the Skins secondary is the Best he's ever played in.............
    This is the one statement that bothers me, goodbye clark

Cajun

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Personally, I find what Clark said to be even less offensive then what Sanders said. Neither were a big deal. And when it comes to saying goodbye to former Steelers players, I'll miss Clark long before Sanders, he's hardly a blip on the radar, Clark was a great Steeler.

3. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Totally agree

4. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    exactly. Everyone knows Manning is a workaholic. Lance is right, Ben's arm is stronger than Bree's... But not as accurate. Hell Ben's arm is stronger than Mannings by a long shot and was before his injured neck. Ben seemingly is getting more mental and physical in his approach starting back to last year and he still has a few years to go. I'm pretty sure were in good hands there. Maybe Manning being overly demanding is what Sanders needs to finally live up to being half as good as he thinks he is, but I see him having more whoopsie Welker moments come clutch time than Welker himself. As far as Clark goes, I appreciate what he done in the Burgh and wish him well on his last leg in Washington. But damn that guys gotta have one of the worst dental records in the league with all the dumb crap that's flown out of his mouth.

5. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Disagree... Clark was a lot better player than Sanders. He was the hammer in the secondary but a wreckless one bringing penalties. I like his hard hitting style but I didn't like him telling the world he has steeler teammates who smoke pot and now this, which is a slap in Troy's & Ike's face. Gay being a solid nickel and when we had Lewis we were one of the best in the NFL. He hasn't he played a down yet with these guys ( and only the aging Hall has any claim to being really good at some time ) but they're already better than those he'd played with for years!!!! Yeah, I won't miss Clark now, goodbye...... Heck, I already miss Hoke more.

Cajun-

6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats fine, you can dislike him, but doesn't change the fact that Sanders is a pimple on Clarks ass in terms of what he meant to the team.

And so what, Clark was giving a rah rah speech, a stamp of approval to pump up his new team, no different then what Sanders was doing.

Nothing Clark has said has ever bothered me, he probably could have left the pot thing left unsaid but not like I needed him to tell me there were guys on the team smoking dope, shocking!

8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Still can't figure out why we didn't take the 3rd round pick for this idiot when we had the chance. When you actually do something in the NFL, then you can shoot your mouth off, but not before

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Antonio Brown said Sanders threw Ben under the bus, Sanders is mad that Brown turned out to be a better player than him and got the big contract.

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    When any player gets interviewed he should point out how hard he is working to improve his craft and what his goals are to be the best, it's not the time to compare players from your former team to players on your new team mainly because you haven't played a regular season game with them yet. Maybe sanders thinks PM will will be impressed enough to make him his new go to guy, but that's highly unlikely especially the first time sander drops the ball in a regular season game....

11. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree. I didn't understand his need to basically call Ben out and say PM was a better leader. Why even mention it? Did a reporter ask him that question specifically? I haven't heard that if so. But even then, there's better ways to handle that question than to say PM is a better leader when he hasn't even played a single down with Peyton yet.