1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Emmanuel Sanders Interview on ESPN NFL32

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Oct 29, 2011.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Sanders was on NFL32 yesterday and talked about the Patsies, his role with Hines out, and getting more practice time with Ben. Volume gets messed up for a few seconds, but they fix it. I hope he has a break out day tomorrow. :herewego:

[youtube:1udih7jd]wJPkZK_YnrE[/youtube:1udih7jd]

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks for that TTF :thumbs_up: I think it's going to be a good day for the WR's tomorrow, as long as Ben is on his game we are ending NE's win streak against us :yeehaw:

3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    You know I really like our youth in the wide receiver positon and I agree with Emmanuel that we perhaps have one of the best wide receiver corps in the NFL. If not now definately for the future. These guys are learning at a fast pace and each week they get better. The speed of Wallace, Brown and Sanders is unmatched in the NFL if you ask me.. Just maybe this is an offense that is due to take it to the Patriots. On the Defense side of the ball I do see us getting older but with Heyward and Hood and hopefully Sylvester they give us something to look forward to for the future.

4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Thanks for posting, TTF. Good interview. Sanders is a well spoken young man who basically said all the right things. I'm a little confused. Suzy Colbert said at the end of the interview "good luck on your start, Sunday". Is Sanders starting? I thought Brown was technically the #3 receiver now so he should be the one that gets the start, isn't that correct?

5. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    You're correct, and I don't have an explanation for that. I read that yesterday though, that he'll get the start over Brown. This talks about it and offers some reasoning. ESPN Blog.

6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Without actually reading the ESPN blog I would say they see Sanders as being more like Hines Ward. To me you have to go with the younger receiveer that mimics all of the qualities of our beloved HW

Bman

7. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah basically, here's a quote from the article about it-

8. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    1. Sanders is more experienced. He logged significant playing time last year, whereas Brown only came in for a handful of plays, most of them Willie Reid-style quick screens.

2. Sanders is supposedly a better blocker. And he is good, but I haven't had much chance to check out Brown's, which I'm sure will also be fine.

3. Sanders is still a little more polished. I see him as very Holmes-like. Great route runner, very quick, great hands. He has better top speed than Holmes. Brown has all that stuff too, but he's still sort of transitioning from return man. I see him as Steve Smith-like. Great returner, very fast, surprising skills at WR.

4. People like Brown more because of the preseason he had. Sanders missed out with an injury. He wasn't outplayed.

I am NOT trying to knock Brown. He is explosive. His hands are surprising. He could very well turn into a Steve Smith for us (but he better do some highest point drills if he wants that). But people shouldn't fall asleep on Sanders, who has all the tools to be just as explosive as Brown and is a step ahead in other areas.

9. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh gosh, I forgot about Willie Reid! :blink: