1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Emanuel Sanders out

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jsinohio, Nov 8, 2011.

1. jsinohio

jsinohio Member

Oct 18, 2011
    "Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said today during his Tuesday press conference that second year wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders will be out a couple of weeks after having his knee scoped. Tomlin did not elaborate on the injury that Sanders suffered against the Patriots back in week 8. Sanders was out this past week against the Ravens after his mother passed away early last week."

Hines Ward says he will be ready for Bengals game.

This is unfortunate. He has good speed and is becoming a very good route runner. When he is paired up with Wallace/Brown/Ward/Cotchery/Miller, someone is open. :(

2. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Re: Emanuelle Sanders out

they need him healthy. hopefully they can beat the Bengals this weekend and then they have their bye week.

they should be very healthy fr the home stretch.

3. jsinohio

jsinohio Member

Oct 18, 2011

I hope so - this guy creates opportunities for either himself or for others on the field. When all of that group is healthy and on their game, they are a tough bunch to have to consistently defend. Which, once again, helps the running game :)

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

I don't know if anything can help our running game

5. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

If Cotchery didn't have magnets for hands I would be worried, that boy can catch!!, we lose the speed but watching Cotchery I think he has better hands than Sanders...which means more first downs,, but with Hines back maybe Cotchery sits again :shrug: who knows how much playing time he'll get maybe they'll only use him for the short gains

6. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011

RED_DAWG!!
    AKA
    Redman!!!!

7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Can we get to the bye week already? Sheesh, all these injuries are tough but 7-3 at the bye is actually better than I expected before the season started.

8. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

wallace,brown,cotchery,ward,saunders,miller should be enough to beat the bengals.Didn't they lose one of their corners to FA this year?

9. kwebste6

kwebste6 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

dang, well hopefully Cotcherey can have another solid game

10. jsinohio

jsinohio Member

Oct 18, 2011

Although, it's been reported that Cotchery has swelling on the knee, so hard to say how that will impact him yet for Sunday.

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Saunders who is that ? I dont know ,from what I heard the kid is very talented I think it's about time we start to incorporate him in the offense.It's better than throwing the ball to Stone Hands Johnson. I'd be willing to bet that a two TE set down around the goal-line would go a long way in improving our red zone issues.

12. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I say run I-Formations with the following line-up: Ben, Mendy, Johnson(lead block for Mendy in run game), Miller, Wallace, Brown/Ward/Cotchery rotation.

Run game: Johnson lead blocks to hopefully get a one-on-one with Mendy and a safety/CB

When the run game opens up go PA to Miller and Wallace for large gain, if open. Otherwise, find Brown/Ward/Cotchery or check down to Mendy if pass rush cuts off that option.

If they use this as a base, then they will win and the offense will score more often. It will keep the opposing defense guessing. Especially in the red zone. There should be playcalling out of the huddle and then Ben playcalling from no-huddle offense, for this formation. There is a HUGE option for Ben to audible from this formation, also. The defense will not know what the h*ll is going on.

I also think they should play with formation switches before the snap. Go from I-Form to empty backfield, shotgun w/5 WRs. Mendy, Johnson, Miller, Wallace, Brown. Do this on a 2nd and short as a test to see how the defense reacts and how the team executes it. This will help determine if it's viable in 1st and 10 or 3rd and short. They could even do this in reverse, with some personnel consideration.

And one more thing: Ben needs to find the mismatches and exploit the hell out of them. Find one DB and pick on his arse 'til the opposing defense gets pissed off. Remember how the Pats did us last year with the TE's and Gay? Oye...

Thoughts?