1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Elliot Suspended Six Games

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Jerry Jones influence gets him special treatment, but eventually this punk will get suspended, maybe in time to hurt them the most late november or early december....

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

Even before his induction, Jerry has generally received passes; the CBA's rule in 2015 to penalize teams for multiple players being suspended irrelevant. More than likely, this is due to the fact that he took a team and exponentially increased its value; other teams attempting to follow suit as a result.

The most humorous aspect of all of this is that Jerry and Robert Kraft fully supported Article 46. Intriguing though that they now have second thoughts.:lolol:

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    But but, my fantasy team...:lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  4. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Interesting news today. Looks line Zeke could be playing all 2017 with punishment deferred to 2018, if at all. Kind of like the Brady situation.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Deja Vu indeed.

Received the message on my phone too. Wanted to post something about it but really needed food.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    So cowboys will win it all?

Dallas fans around me are jumping in joy lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    So it seems the injunction is based on him not receiving a fair "trial" before the suspension was handed out.

On a broader note, it seems like legal proceedings being circumvented or not handled properly is a recurring theme with Goodell, surprising since he is a lawyer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I still don't understand how the NFL's own investigator recommended no suspension yet the NFL still handed out 6 games.

9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    No fun league.

Ben lost time

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I stepped in :poopy:

My friend convinced me to play FF this year. First time player, I took Zeke figuring it would be good having him in my back pocket for the second half of the season. Worked out better than I thought :icon mrgreen:

11. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Nice!

I actually rolled the dice bigtime and drafted Zeke at #4. I had read enough and figured he would get off with no suspension or atleast have it delayed.

Missed on DJ, Bell and Brown. Didn't feel like taking any of the WRs.

Looks the gamble will pay off.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Well done sir :applaud:

I was picking last in the draft so this is a big boost for my lineup.

13. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011

• Like Like x 2
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :roflmao:

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Here is the only part of this that upsets me or surprises me. Before the injunction went into effect they were going to let him play Sunday night(of course opening night marquee game vs the Giants) because they felt that due to the time to took to decide on the appeal the Cowboys could not adequate prepare for hi serving his suspension. pardon my french here but WTF!!!! The Cowboys should have been preparing like his appeal would be denied and if it isn't great, not some whiny crybaby stuff where poor poor Cowboys can't make a game plan in time for something they have known about for weeks. Heck then Bryant should have played several games last year since the Steelers could adequately prepare for his suspension in the short few months they knew about it.

16. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude if they genuinely felt sorry for the cowgirls and tried to accommodate them then that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I seriously hope they lose every game this year. Well I wish that every year but this year I REALLY wish it. LOL! Absolutely despise that team with all that is within me.

17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That is the reason they gave for letting him play but we all know the league wants its best foot forward for the marquee game of the week where they can advertise the heck out of it, sell some serious merchandise, get the biggest audience to tune in and make a boatload of cash. If this had been a guy on the Jags and a Sunday afternoon game, there would be no question he serves the suspension from day one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    but they are Americas team.

DAK ATTACK

FEED THE ZEKE

WE DEM BOYZ

IF WE ONLY HAVE 5 WHY IS IT TAKING YOU SO LONG TO CATCH UP

PURO COWBOYS FOR LIFE

THROW DA X

19. blountforcetrauma