1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Elliot Suspended Six Games

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, Aug 11, 2017.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  2. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    NFL is rigged.
    He wasn't even charged for this incident one year ago.

NFL just wants Dallas to lose.
    DWill to Dallas!

3. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Yep just like it was rigged when Big Ben was suspended for 6 games (reduced to 4)...he wasn't charged either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

May 13, 2014
    According to reports, the NFL has photographic evidence of abuse. Beyond that, an employee doesn't have to be charged with a crime to be disciplined. I'm willing to be anyone who works on salary can look at their employment contract and find some kind of morals clause in there that says that their company can punish them for a variety of things that aren't crimes. Same thing goes for pro athletes.

5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Thank god someone gets it.

6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm sorry, and maybe there is"evidence" behind the scenes, but like the Big Ben situation, I doNT believe in repercussions if there are no legal charges.

I would hate to be disciplined or terminated at my job based on allegations or rumours.

I don't see how the NFL can say he is guilty, yet our legal system didn't find evidence for a possible conviction.

I hate the Cowboys. But if I were a Cowboys fan, I'd be furious.

7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

He's an employee of a multi billion dollar corporation. As one of the faces of the corporation when you do things that reflect poorly on the company there are repercussions.

8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
  9. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't like when allegations lead to repercussions.

Now if the NFL has this "evidence" that Zeke is guilty, why aren't they giving that to the police to allow the legal process to play out?

10. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    being that you don't work for the NFL you don't have to like it. The players, coaches et al know what they signed up for. They're being paid millions of dollars to play a game and to some extent be a role model. If they can't act in a fashion deemed appropriate by their employers they can get on with their life's work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
  12. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Ok, I had not read everything that went into the decision. He certainly should have been suspended for the ST Pattys incident. I believe the girl was a friend or acquaintance and didn't want any charges filed. However, it was on video. Guilty. I would have gone 1-2 games for the incident.

I stand by my rationale on the domestic abuse allegations until more information comes to light.

13. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    His conduct is "detrimental to the league" and that's all it needs to be. I'm so super happy that he's suspended that I might just do cartwheels down the street.

14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This is a huge loss for Cowboys, if appeal is not over turned.

15. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    People forget, me included that the Cryboys do have some depth at the RB position. I have always liked Alfred Morrison.

McFadden is always hurt so he is a non factor, I would like our Steelers to give DW a call and get rid of the Kniles project.

16. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    What are the cops in Columbus Ohio doing out there? Oh wait a minute, didn't Elliot
    play for the Buckeyes? Some things just stay the same.

17. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    SCNB, look at what the 4 people hired by the NFL found. I am curious as to why Columbus Police never went after

this????? WOW Talk about incompetent. And the people of Columbus Ohio didn't bring this up???? WOW Sounds

like he is no better than Ray Rice.

18. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    This is what I was saying. Even if Columbus PD covered it up to protect Zeke, if NFL investigators uncovered ACTUAL evidence, why is Columbus PD or whoever not doing anything about it now?

Either he is guilty, and should be criminally charged, or he isnt.

I don't want to be defending Zeke, but I just don't have alot of faith in the NFL Kangaroo court system.

19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

True.

However, given the fact that Goodell catastrophically botched the Ray Rice scandal in addition to his impending end as the commissioner, I am certain this is part of Goodell's "curtain call" so to speak.

Not that I agree with this decision either but it appeara Goodell is wanting to go out with a bang.

20. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I see it is leaked that Zeke's ex gf talked with a friend about blackmailing him over sex tapes.

Such credibility :lolol:.

I'm sure she wouldn't blackmail him over fake allegations either.

If someone (NFL) has damning evidence of Zeke's guilt, I don't know why it's not being handed over to the Police or media.

21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Simple. Article 46.

Zeke's ex wants to "ruin him forever."

What better way to do so than having essentially a tyrant oversee ones due process and still lose?

Brady lost. No reason to see why Zeke will not either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    His behavior last year obviously warrants a suspension and his appeal will not stand scrutiny.

TMZ Sports:

The NFL issued a statement saying, "Over the course of the last year, the league conducted an extensive investigation. League investigators interviewed more than a dozen witnesses, including Ms. Tiffany Thompson, who had alleged multiple instances of physical violence in July 2016, and Mr. Elliott."

"The league also consulted with medical experts. League investigators examined all available evidence, including photographic and digital evidence, thousands of text messages and other records of electronic communications."

Elliott's made headlines for all the wrong reasons this offseason -- he was caught exposing a woman's bare breast at a St. Patrick's Day parade and was accused of attacking a man in a Dallas bar in July.

Adam Schefter says the NFL factored in the St. Patrick's Day incident when meting out punishment.

23. aregeejay

aregeejay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    He shoulda led with his shoulder and hit her under the chin.......you know, the Birfuckt maneuver....he would only have gotten 3 games.

24. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I've lost any respect I had for Zeke. His "ex", while not a saint, was known by my daughter.... and it's not surprising that she and her family want to stay out of the headlines. The background stories seen by the locals paint a horrible picture about him as a person. He should just drop the thing, take his punishment like a man and move on. There's no sense in dragging this girl through the public mud. He's acting like an entitled athlete that has no repercussions to his asinine actions.

25. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016