1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Eli Rogers to the Burgh please!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Nov 15, 2019.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    First. Hahaha just kidding but I'd be surprised if he and his agent haven't been called yet. Pretty sure Griffey is going to get a promotion too by Saturday.

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Dude, I said he should have made the team over Switzer day 1.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah but Big brother little brother thing with Ben. Eli will always be the guy to me who when the spotlight was on him, kicked his own foot and knocked himself out of the lineup.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I expect him shortly.

5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Absolutely get him in there ASAP we shouldn’t expect miracles from him but he knows the scheme and is ideal for that short passing game that has been productive in recent games.

6. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Hopefully guys like Ju Ju and Johnson will be fine but the Steelers seriously need to consider bringing in like you mentioned Eli Rogers or someone like Dez Bryant at receiver. You can’t have guys like Tevin Jones and Johnny Holton being your number 2 and 3 receivers moving forward. Bring Jay Ajayi in as well since James Conner cannot stay healthy to save his life.

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Jones was actually an upgrade over Switzer, but Holton is completely useless. Rogers should have been on this team all along.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Agree also on Ajayi I suggested that on another thread recently, if he is shape to play I’d plug him in as a rental until the end of the year and send Edmunds back to the PS.

there is a slate of five very winnable games coming up but I can see the Steelers only winning 2-3 if they don’t do something on offence.

9. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea if Conner cannot stay healthy which it is clear he can’t and Snell is still out you gotta bring in Ajayi or somebody better then Edmunds or Tony Brooks James. They can’t win with Jaylon Samuels as your primary back. Like you said this team has a chance to win a bunch of these games moving forward and get to the playoffs but they gotta address this offense and do it immediately.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It's worth bringing him in for a workout, he has to be better than Holton.

11. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Holton has no football IQ or awareness.. That play deep where it went over his head and he just stopped and watched the DB almost pick it off :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Tired of all the excuses for Mason. No line, receivers suck, rbs can't stay healthy all excuses. Rudolph has to get better or he needs to be replaced by someone who doesn't make others around him look bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I’m not sure what the coaches saw in Holton to waive Skipper. They might have been concerned that the Raiders would sign him, but what did he show during the PS to deserve such attention?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Unfortunately the others around him can look bad all on their own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I actually have a hard time understanding why we moved on from Rodgers. He was playing pretty well before he got hurt. He wasn’t a burner, but he was great finding an open zone for 5-7 yards. He was a chain mover.

I’m wondering if it’s one of those things behind closed doors in the locker room there is something about him they didn’t like? I don’t know, doesn’t make sense.

16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    He took the cake last night. The worst player on the field, nobody a close second. Baker Mayiturnitover outplayed him.

17. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Why they did was beyond silly..
    Name one good thing Holton has done all season?? (other than stay healthy lol)