1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Edmunds and Bush

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Heyward joked about it too :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I think if the Steelers won 37 to 6 and played better on offense with a balanced attack and Harris went off for 140 yds and Ben was 22 for 26 for 312 yds 3 tds and 0 int's.
    And the defense got 5 sacks 2 ints and only allowed 6 points while tackling with perfect form.
    Then we would all be happy and not find anything to be critical about.
    Sunday nights game was nothing close to perfection against a team with a backup qb and missing their starting running back.
    The tackling was nothing short of terrible, almost looked like a bad HS game.
    Its hard to watch Bush and Edmonds and not see the flaws they both have, poor angles missed tackles complete wiffs.
    If they were both 4th rounders we would be pleased that we have two serviceable players,
    BUT 1st rd players should be making a serious impact by this point in their careers. I know Bush had the injury but I haven't been impressed with him even before the injury.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't know why people keep making such a huge issue out of Carson missing that game. He is the better back, but there really isn't that much of a drop from him to Carson. Not having Wilson was huge, of course, but tacking on the bit about the starting running back just feels like people looking for another negative. Steelers fans should have known what Collins can do. We've seen it before.

The tackling really was atrocious, and much of it was Edmunds and Bush. If Edmunds isn't even going to be a solid tackler, he is pretty much useless.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Liabilities, both Hi round draft choices. We moved up quite a bit to get #55
    that comes out for Spillane of all people on passing downs. Oh boy, troubling.
    #34 takes poor angles, just not a good football player. Schobert was suppose to fix
    pass protection, he doesn't look good either. There really can't be a fifth year option for Devin Bush. could there?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    The fact that they could only put up 20 in regulation against that defense is the most alarming thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    PFF grades for the middle of our defense. Brutal.

Schobert: 63.1
    Bush: 54.0
    Edmunds: 57.9
    Minkah: 37.0