1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ebron

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelerGlenn, Feb 22, 2014.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Cooks may have pushed himself into the 1st round with that 40 time. I still have him in the 2nd round though. He is still behind Jordan Matthews as far as that 2nd crop of WRs go.

2. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
  3. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
  4. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    This also doesn't factor in his role with the team. A receivers impact as a rookie is often determined by what his role is. Allen was asked to be a #1, whereas Wheaton, in addition to the injury, was at best the #4 for our team. Wheaton had 13 targets on the year as a #4....Allen had games of 12, 11, 12, and 10. So basically he was getting almost the same number of targets in a couple of games as Wheaton had on the year.

So for the upcoming year, what kind of role do you get out of a receiver in his first year? I think that comes down to his development and how we use him. Ideally, the rookie and Wheaton both step up and create a lack of need for Cotchery to play as large of a role by the end of the year.

5. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I remember reading it last year for fantasy football draft. I may be off on the exact number but it something like no receivers, in their rookie year have had 1000 yards and more then 4 touchdowns in the past 10 years as a rookie.

Like I said, I may not be correct fully but at least partially. For those that wan impact this year you go TE.

6. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Check this site out for rookie WR stats:

http://www.sportingcharts.com/articles/nfl/top-20-rookie-receiving-seasons-in-the-past-20-years.aspx

As you can see, there are quite a few impressive debuts. This was written last August, so you can add Keenan Allen to the list now.

7. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  8. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    For sure NB, I'd to cartwheels if we got Matthews in either one of the first 2 rounds.. Yes, #15 is just fine with me.

I've been watching some of his tape and from what I see, he's a flat out beast. He's going to be really good for somebody IMO..

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If Wheaton was trying to fill a spot occupied by Sanders, would not Evans be trying to fill a spot occupied by AB? Are we going to move AB for a rookie? Serious question, you're a guy who knows the X's and O's better than myself, where would he line up? As TTF has pointed out, AB is our X receiver. I just have a hard time imaging Evans making that much of an impact in his first year. I also think his routs are suspect and wonder if he will have trouble getting separation in the pros. JMO.

10. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    We currently have no #2 wr. I think wheaton is destined for the slot, as he should be. Cotchery is currently a ufa but even if we bring him back he's a #4 type of guy.

So evans is going to line up on the opposite side of the field as AB. I agree that evans isn't a great route runner, but his physical skill set is going to allow him to succeed. It goes without saying that evans is going to be a monster in the red zone.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, if they take him, I will of course be hoping you are right about him! I just think we'd be better suited taking a receiver in the 2nd if drafting one is in their plans and using the first elsewhere.

12. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I feel like we are going to end up with either a WR or a TE, but I doubt we end up with both. For me our first round pick is currently going to be between Ebron, Gilbert, and Evans. This assumes teams go nuts for the QBs and OTs like the mocks currently show them doing, but if that happens one of these three will probably be there.

13. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    hell yes
    James Harrison did it for us.

Not to mention

It's obvious to me THE STEELERS LOVE LONG SNAPPERS FROM THE TARHEELS.:smiley1: