1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ebron Trending

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Damn, I saw this and thought I was going to see a trade was made but it’s just a bunch of trade speculation. Still time for it to happen.

Who else might go today? Washington maybe?

Don’t really see any other trade chips.

2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Ebron would be someone I would hope goes. We have other good TE's vs a 1/2 TE.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea I wanna see more of Gentry over Ebron. He looks like he is developing very nicely and is the best blocking TE on the roster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Well it’s official we are stuck with him for at a minimum 9 more games

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Boring trade deadline!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    TBH there wasn't a huge need to move Ebron. If they got something good for him, great. But I doubt there were many suitors and the price wasn't worth shipping a guy out that seems to be really great for Gentry and Friermuth. Those guys talk about him like he is being a great mentor, and he seems genuinely happy for the rest of the TE room's success. He hasn't been a distraction due to demotion and is fine enough depth. Its not like an Ingram situation where he wants out and is try to force his way out.

• Like Like x 4
  7. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Blast.

I know that there seems to be a lot of dislike for Ebron around here and righteously so, I guess. He was a 1st Rounder who has not lived up to his billing primarily because of his inability to be an effective blocker and his dropsies. I look at Ebron as having the physical tools, and stature, to that of a Wide Receiver. The man is relatively athletic. I have seen some nice highlight reel stuff from him while here. I actually thought when he initially came to us, that Ben and him were building some rapport.

He just gives me the impression that he is not interested in improving on his craft, again blocking and minimizing the drops. Too bad. I was excited when we got him. Who knows maybe he will be part of a clutch play/game or two to help us. He has the potential/tools IMO but again I just get a vibe that the work ethic is not there.

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Aren’t most trade lines somewhat uneventful

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Hey Steelwinds, actually, I don’t dislike Ebron, just think there are better options on the roster now and we could have used the draft picks but didn’t pan out that way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He is just too one dimensional right now and that hurts the already limited offense. If the running game continues to improve I could see them trying a 3 TE set like the Ravens did where everyone thinks run then they sneak the TE on a crossing route the opposite direction and run RPO off it. Otherwise every time he is out there you know he is halfheartedly blocking or part of a passing play

• Like Like x 2