1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Early 2021 draft talk

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Oct 16, 2020 at 9:39 AM.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Will this be the year we invest heavy on the O and D lines. Ours are aging quickly and contracts will be coming due.:cool:

2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    They've got Dotson & I can see them grabbing another olineman. Anybody have a link that follows what schools they visit?

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I would imagine so mac. As you said, not much there currently. I would assume going Offensive Tackle in Round One but with a very promising Interior Defensive Line Class, one never knows.

Either way I will be satisfied if it is someone that is proven. I really want Marvin Wilson from FSU but he appears too much to be a top 20 pick currently. Granted, anything can happen but I doubt something will. Jalen Twyman from the University of Pittsburgh is another Interior Defensive Lineman I would look into. Think of him as a Turbocharged Javon Hargrave. Wild Card is Tyler Shelvin from LSU.

As for Offensive Tackle?! Jalen Mayfield, Samuel Cosmi and Jackson Carman are my top picks. If he can recover though, do not sleep on Walker Little from Stanford.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020 at 6:05 PM
  4. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Steelers Depot, The Steelers Wire and BehindTheSteelCurtain usually have links during the Draft Season. Pittsburgh predominantly focuses on the North East, Mid West, Great Plains and Deep South areas of collegiate talent. Sometimes the Pacific West but there has to be someone incredible for them to take interest to.

Tomlin has already made it indirectly clear he is not a fan of traveling out in that direction. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It may be time to start looking at center as well.

If banner is back chuks may move to the left. Dotson, DD, pouncey. I hope they sign feiler. :cool:

6. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

If Creed Humphrey falls that far, I would take him no questions asked. He would be the true heir apparent for Maurice Pouncey once he hangs them up for good. He has had a HOF Career.

Such a talent cannot be so easily replicated.

7. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    chuks is 23
    decastro is 30
    pouncey is 31
    feiler is 28 but likely gone, but no matter, because
    Dotson is 24
    Villanueva is 32 and likely gone but
    Banner is 26
    Hassenauer 26
    gray is 25

Seems to me that we're already set up for the future..... Unless some blue chipper miraculously falls to us near the bottom of the first rd. like Decastro did, we'll be grabbing developmental talent in the late rds for depth

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Banner is a free agent, but they can probably get him to re-sign on the cheap.

9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    we are going to need a left tackle and center very soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

A lot of really good Offensive Tackle talent coming in. Samuel Cosmi from the University of Texas is someone to look out for. That said, Pittsburgh has never selected an Offensive Tackle in Round One even dating back to the AFL-NFL Merger.

Doing that would break a lot of firsts.

11. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Had to look that one up...…. I found a few

1955: Frank Varrichione out of Notre Dame (6th overall/ 1st lineman picked overall)
    1968: Mike Taylor of USC (10th overall)
    1989: Tom Ricketts of good ol Pitt (24th overall)
    1992: Leon Searcy of Miami (11th overall)
    1996: Jamain Stephens of NC A&T (29th overall)(I know most would like to forget that one: My apologies)

12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

[​IMG]

:hi:

Why thank you good sir! Very much appreciated!

• Like Like x 1