1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Eagles Trade With Browns For #2 Pick

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Your right Lizard. the Browns are slowly getting it together. Unfortunately.

2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Your right; And I'm hoping that one of the teams projected to take a cornerback signs Josh Norman. That way it will definitely push a good cornerback down to us. Hoping.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I want the Chargers to sign Norman. That would push Ramsey possibly down a pick or two. Starting the run on cornerbacks as late as possible.

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I think someone will take Lynch prior to #25. What I'm hoping for is that someone is desperate enough to take a Cook or Hackenberg before #25. I know it sounds foolish but maybe this year is like 2011 when Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder all went in the Top 12.

It would be great if a team looking for a CB took Norman. Could ensure a Jackson or Apple falls to us.

5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    No...you don't sound foolish at all. You can't win without a legit QB and teams are desperate to have one. I'd love for someone to take Lynch ahead of us. That would be outstanding.

You never know what the Cowboys or Bills will do in regard to that position. This is shaping up to be a crazy, crazy draft.

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am pretty sure Lynch will get picked ahead of us, I am liking the chances someone is falling to us we didn't expect to be there.....jmo

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The Browns are the Browns because it doesn't matter who they plug in, always the same results.

I'm not going to fret about Mr Baseball until he proves something with all these picks.

The team has been more competitive as of late but still a long way to go. I will however laugh my ass off if Wentz and Goff turn out to be studs and the Browns traded out of a chance for either of them :lolol:

8. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    The Eagles also traded Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso to the Dolphins to go from 13th to 8th.

That narrows the gap between the Rams return and the Browns return.

Also Luck or RGIII were much better prospects than Goff or Wentz.

I think the Browns did really well here. I think they passed on Wentz for all those picks.

9. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    That would probably push him down to the Ravens. Just sayin'.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    With this deal, I could see this:

1. Goff
    2. Wentz
    3. Tunsil
    4. Elliott

then Jax and then Balt. Baltimore has a lot of very good options unfortunately... Ronnie Staley, Bosa, Jaylen Ramsey for crying out loud!!!, Buckner, Myles Jack. They had a lot of good options before obviously but with 2 QBs going in the first 6 picks, they just gained one more option on another position. Bummer...

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, Ravens always piss me off by snatching a player that I don't want them to have :mad:

12. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I just don't want the Ravens to get anybody. Cause I hate em.

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Your going to hate them even more when they get a a possible franchise player with 1rst round pick, they won't be going away
    any time soon, I look for the wizzard to bring in a big haul this go around and level the talent field that the Steelers
    now have.

14. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Not if we stock up the way we should. We fix that secondary and pass rush then we can keep our talent gap on them.

15. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Well it's a good thing they swept us then or they'd have been the second pick and have traded for 5 extra high picks.

Look on the bright side haha.

16. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    A poll on NFL . com had 67% of people believing the Browns came out ahead with something like 18% thinking the Eagle did. The rest weren't sure.

17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think the Browns came out ahead. I haven't watched much of the 2 QBs, so I'm basing my view on the fact that the draft "experts" generally don't seem as sold on either of those guys as they were on Luck/Griffin and Winston/Mariota. If Wentz (assuming he's 2nd) actually does become a franchise QB, the Browns will probably regret the deal. It could be like passing on Ben in 04.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    You're right and with the Browns luck Wentz will be the rookie of the year and future Pro Bowler haha.

I just don't think it will happen.

Still Wentz dodged a bullet by the Browns trading out.

19. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    As much as we are talking about Wentz & Geoff, it's possible that neither will be the best QB to come out this draft.