1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Eagles Trade With Browns For #2 Pick

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 20, 2016.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, they were talking about this possibility on sports radio all morning. Browns must be targeting Paxton or maybe they really are rolling with RG.

I'm not worried about their surplus of picks, they will probably draft a catcher, pitcher, 3rd baseman and center fielder.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :roflmao:

4. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Can't believe the Eagles didn't wait to see who the Rams drafted. If they're all in on Wence and the Rams take him, then what? Oh, yeah, we wanted the other guy all along.

5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Yes I was quite concerned with the haul the Browns received in this deal but I naturally assume they will waste all those good picks.

6. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
  7. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Look at the plus side, at least the Eagles saved Wentz or Goff from career implosion from going to Cleveland. It's like humanitarian aid.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Seems like a high price to pay for 6 draft spots...... sure hope he turns out to be the Ryan Leaf of 2016. Philly SUCKS

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Agree. The biggest winner in this whole deal is whatever QB goes to Philly at #2. At least he has a chance.

10. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Hold up, wait a minute my fellow Steeler brethren. Let's look a little closer at this..

We've loved our factory of sadness Browns for a long time now. But suddenly, they are not acting like the FOS that we've grown to love:

1. Making the move to get away from Johnny Dumpster fire.
    2. Purging contracts on players who won't be with the team for the majority of their current rebuild.
    3. Bending the Eagles over the headboard and getting 12 picks!

When has our beloved Browns ever did three good things in a row before??? We need to keep an eye on what Depodesta and company are doing over there. Not saying we'll have a problem this year with them but to be truthful, their moving in the right direction.

When was the last time we could all say we saw the Browns bend someone over like that?????

11. vasteeler

vasteeler Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2016
    wow...very unlike the browns

12. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    If the 2nd QB in this draft is not a true franchise QB, then I would say that the Browns got the better of the deal. I haven't watched enough of Goff and Wentz to have a strong opinion on those 2 guys (or Lynch if that's who the Browns are targeting at #8), but the Browns do need a QB badly. I think the only thing RG3 is the answer to is a trivia question about what player had the worst flameout after his rookie season.

The Browns did not do as well as the Rams did in 2012 in the RG3 deal. If you look at both deals using the draft trade chart (the Huddle Report has one that includes the value of future picks - not all of the charts online have that), the Browns gave up 2,670 points worth of picks and received 3,125 points. Pretty good. In 2012, the Rams gave up 2,600 points (the value of pick #2 overall), and received 4,110 (picks 6 and 39 in 2012, and Washington's 2013 and 2014 1st rounders). Wow.

We'll see. It may have been a good deal for the Browns, or they may have missed the opportunity to pick their franchise QB of the future. In my view, until proven otherwise by results, the factory is still cranking 3 shifts, 7 days a week at full production.

13. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    How do you get 12 picks out of trading 2 picks for 5 picks? IF (and it's a big IF) the guy taken at pick #2 ends up being a true franchise QB, then the Eagles got the better of this deal. We won't know for a few years.

14. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    my bad, I miss read the trade. But they made out.

And when was the last time one of these trades worked? I'm playing the odds and saying the Browns won on this one. I don't see anything from either one of those guys to warrant these big trades.

15. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I think Goff is at best Alex Smith.

I think Carson Wentz is at best Ryan Tannehill.

I think the Titans and Browns made smart decisions.

16. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I think 12 total picks for the 2016 draft. Which is nuts. If they traded out of the top 10 (I've seen some talk about that.) it's gonna look like a 1960 draft class

17. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I dont! Alex Smith??? Ryan Tannehill??? two cornballs. That's exactly my point; all those picks for game managers at best? Nope. if that's who these two really are then both the Rams & Eagles got bent over the headboard.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Remains to be seen but the Browns just had a bunch of extra picks 2 or 3 seasons ago and did nothing with them.

Until they prove otherwise, they are still the Browns :poopy:

• Like Like x 2
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not worried about the Browns at all, it will take them 3-4 years to be respectable by then Hue Jackson will be fired.

20. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Depodesta had nothing to do with that. All I'm saying is they are doing the right things right now. I've got my eye on them. Not taking them lightly.

21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I pity the GM and Owner of Philly if this don't work out, I really expect the Eagles to trade
    Sam Bradford to get back some picks. I am not sure the dealing is done? What does this do to all teams big boards?
    Players will be moving up and down, hell I have seen Artie Burns mocked to us in the first????? he is a 2nd round talent. The Steelers may have to do something in the early second round to get their men?

22. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Was listening to Sirius radio and they were saying with these trades it is pushing good players down the board which I hope is good for us, thoughts?

23. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    The Browns might actually be getting their crap together. We'll need to see what they've learned from the Johnny Football fiasco! I mean who takes QB after QB in the first and ends up with goose eggs?

24. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Now we need someone else to trade up in a panic to get Paxton Lynch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am thinking now we have qb's 1-2 before we thought Tunsil or Ramsey were going #1. Things are really changing and now they were talking SD is hopping 3.......wow. This next week is going to be interesting for sure.