1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Eagles sign Flacco

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by bleednblackngold, Mar 25, 2021.

1. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    For us Eagle haters this isn't a bad day. Flacco at 3.5 million makes absolutely no sense.

#1 They are in cap hell, especially at qb position with MANY more pressing needs

#2 They severely overpaid..see #1

#3 If they were looking for a guy that wouldn't threaten Hurts doesn't Nate Sudfeld already fit that bill?

#4 Did you see their O line last year? Neither did pass rushers unless they turned around. Let's sign an old qb with the mobility of a small kitchen appliance!

#5 If they signed him as a mentor, do they know you can hire a qb coach without it counting against your cap?...see #1 again

My working theory is that his agent drugged or hypnotized Howie Roseman

In short, this signing made my day

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Eagle hater here but I was surprised how some of them liked this signing. He won a SB and that seems to be all they know about him. So fickle us fans can be. They loved Wentz, his jersey's sold out in tons of stores Christmas 2019. Maybe they can trade them in for Jalen Hurts jersey's because it seems the Eagles are all in on him being their starter in 2021.

3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think Eagles fans know they are in a tear down situation and have more or less written of 2021. Hurts is a bridge to something else and Flacco is insurance in case Hurts is a total disaster.

They are likely to have three first round picks in 2022 after the recent wheeling and dealing and they will be looking for a QB most likely.

• Agree Agree x 2