1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Eagle Patriot Big Game Thread

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Jammasterc, Feb 4, 2018.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Why would I need to go over there there's more than enough patriots discussion here?

Plus if you read my post again you'll see there's a? at the end of it which means I was asking a question not making a statement.

2. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'm not sure why you're raggin on Shaub, Cousins, or Stafford...all three have been pretty decent qbs at the height of their careers, have been to Pro Bowls, and when you have the likes of Charles Johnson, Andre Johnson, Arian Foster, Pierre Garcon, DeSean Jackson, Jordan Reed, and Vernon Davis to throw to and have OCs like Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay you should be able to make 4000 yds as each q.b. has done multiple times proving that it wasn't a fluke. Stafford has done it 7 straight seasons, Cousins 3 straight, and Schaub 2 straight times and a third time 2 years later. He was hurt a little more than midway through the third straight attempt and already had 2,479 yds when he got hurt so the likelihood of him making 4000 was pretty likely. Ok so maybe they would not have thrown for 4000 back in Montanas day, but its likely they all would have thrown for 3000 multiple times which would have been keeping in line with Montana himself.

I understand you're trying to make a valiant attempt at not looking asinine. You're just not doing a very good job of it. Youre right...numbers don't lie which is why Brady most definitely deserves to be in the GOAT conversation with Montana as well as LeBron with Jordan and i can acknowledge that without having a care for anyone of the four i just mentioned. Anybody who believes differently, really, should just stop it.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    When Schaub was in houston he had kubiak. Why couldn't kubiak have a qb perform at the same level last year in Denver since it was his system? And no back in those days they would have thrown for around 2300-2500 yards. Not the same thing Montana threw. Had Montana played in this era he too would throw for 4000 yards or better every year it' literally the norm more than HALF THE LEAGUE THROWS for over that many yards. Why wasn't Brady throwing for those yards early on befor the rule changes. Still haven't answered that.

And numbers don't lie in basketball. You can compare the numbers in basketball across eras because physicality and rules doesn' dictate defenses in basketball like they do on football so lol stop trying to compare Apple's to oranges. And lol what I'm not trying to sound asinine? Since when was I trying to gain your approval? Who the hell are you and when did you become so spokesperson about what is righ and wrong? Lol nice try trying to pass of what you say or your standards as what everybody follows but sorry they don't.

And still lebron does not belong in the convo with MJ. They don't compare. Brady does belong in the CONVO with Montana but not in terms to who was more clutch.

4. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017

I take 4-0 over 5-3 any day....Montana is a legend...Shady is a media hog and a tool..

5. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Wow...Did you really ask one of the dumbest questions since we started this debate?? Why couldnt Kubiak produce a 4000 yard passer this season?? Oh I don't know. You ever heard of Paxton Lynch, Brock Osweiler, or Trevor Siemian?? Case and point. Every time you respond back you make yourself look worse and worse. 8 QBs in the NFL threw for over 4000 Yds...thats about a quarter of the league at the most not half. What? Do you think by exaggerating or inflating numbers it will bring credibility to your argument? No. It just makes you look more like a fool. Plus look at who they were that threw for 4000 and the talent they were surrounded by, not including coaches. Of the 8 people who threw over 4000 which of those do you think is incapable of throwing for 3000 in Montana's day??

You couldn't sound any more biased by the way. Montana could throw for 4000 yards in this era but Stafford, Schaub and Cousins couldn't throw for 3000 in his era?? Just for the fun of it I looked up Montana's best year which was 1990 (3944 yds). Warren Moon was the only guy over 4000 that season so he basically had the Tom Brady 2011 season. You know how many QBs threw for over 3000 Yds besides Montana? 8 other QBs (which is half the league according to you). So what you see today, other than the total yards, is not a total departure from the trend we saw in that day.

To make my point clearer. I looked up passing stats for 20 yrs prior to that date and guess what??? Not 1 3000 yd passer!! So it looks like Montana and Brady both benefited from rule changes so to make a big stink about passing yards is barking up the wrong tree.

I know youre feeling pretty butt hurt at this point the way im schooling you, but at the same time it's pretty ridiculous to be gritting your teeth at a guy who has practically thrown for over 3500 Yds a season his whole career and has more SB wins than any other QB. Tom Brady has more 4th quarter comebacks than Joe Montana and is second all time. He already had become second with 37 4QC by the end of 2015 which was already past Montana (31) in the same amount of playing time. Montana isn't even top 5 4QC. Tom Brady also has 20+ more Game Winning Drives then Montana. This just goes to prove you're just throwing out statements and hoping they don't come back to bite you. To say Montana is more clutch than Brady is ludicrous and a flat out lie. Fortunately for you being clutch is not the all determining factor in deciding which is better because if you do than you have to go with Brady who has in fact proven hes more clutch if not just as clutch than Montana.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  6. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    So you would rather have 4 super bowl rings than 5??? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I already know youre lying though because You were hoping just like me that he wouldn't get a sixth ring because that would even them up with the Steelers for most SB wins which is the last bragging right we can hold over their heads as fans.

7. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    I feel like brady has benefited from spygate and his first 3 sbs are pretty tainted to me...I guess we will never find out....yeah I'll pick Montana over any other qbs any day, not just brady ....To me the whole patriots dynasty is tainted ,now you can call me a hater and I couldn't care less.

Oh the 6th ring thing , the one he did NOT get, so I wouldn't worry about it ...

BTW..you can say I am glad brady did not win his 6th to tie pitt but you are wrong ...because I know steelers fans would ve been more damaged IF JH had posted a pic of his ring on his particular finger and posted on IG than brady winning his 6th.

8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Then don' mention Mcvay or shamanism. They aren't making them great. Make up your mind. One minute it' coaches and then it's oh these players suck. And I wouldn't count this year. Rodgers would have thrown for over 4000 and he got hurt. So would have watson and wentz. That' 3. Forget to mention if garopollo had played all 16 games for San Fran. That's another. This year is an anamoly due to the way it lined up and injuries. Last year it was 14 and that' with Brady missing 4 games, big Ben only playing 12, and even Blake bortles threw for 3905.... wow. I can go on to 2015, 2014 and on but no point because the facts have already been proven.and how was 3000 their 4000? 3000 is still 3000. I' saying Montana would be having the Aaron Rodgers, Peyton manning, drew brees , Brady kind of seasons. Are you seriously trying to say he would put up numbers comparable to Bradford? Lol you just lost the argument right there. And you're not killing me with anything because i see HALL OF FAME players saying Brady isn't Montana. Who the hell are you again? Since when did your approval matter again?

Also Montana only STARTED 192 regular season games in his career. Brady at the end of 2015 had started 225. How the he'l is that the same amount of time and that' not even counting postseason games which would have pushed that margin even further. Learn to count. And sorry I don't all game winning drives because that includes regular season. If we going off regular season then give me Peyton manning lol I'm talking about in the BIGGEST OF MOMENTS. And lol I just saw someone on this oard say they' rather go 4-0 instead of 5-3. Everyone doesn't award coming in 2nd like you do some ppl like the mj effect going undefeated when it matters most. And once again an opinion from someone like you is really irrelevant to me lol lol Ok how many days from in between that is don't respond lol I don' even give you thought.

9. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    you're still hung up on yards passed. That must be your sole argument for why you think Montana is better than Brady even though it's completely illogical. This is especially considering the fact that I proved to you that the game has clearly evolved throughout each era affecting pass yardage which you didn't dare touch.

I'm sure there are present and former players alike along with analysts who could make a case for either one as to being GOAT so even making mention of what allegedly was claimed to be an opinion of a particular player makes no sense. If you found one person to agree with you I could find 2 to agree with me.

As far as injuries that impact season stats the same can be said of every season. During the 1990 season Jim Kelly, Bernie Kosar and V. Testaverde could have gone over 3000 if they played all 16 plus you had Steve Young sitting on the bench.

Last but not least if I have to explain the difference between Brock Ostweiler and say somebody like Matthew Stafford than you're dumber than I thought. You're either being intellectually dishonest or a complete idiot. You choose which one. Not to mention you brought up Kubiak I didnt. To his credit he didnt do to bad with Flacco though who had just under 4000 yds the year he was his OC

10. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ugh. The Parade.
    Sickening.
    Every tv at work has it on.

11. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

Tom wolf said "today we are all Eagles fans" lol

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Montana is, was and will always be, better than Brady. Until Brady can win 4 SB titles WITHOUT help from coaches illegally videoing other teams practices, WITHOUT (allegedly) an extra speaker in his helmet, WITHOUT deflating game balls (especially because there was no need to, they crushed the Colts anyway)...........

13. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    The biggest problem with your quote is that every single one of those alleged incidents took place outside the SB. They had nothing to with with the SB themselves. Maybe if teams didn't beat themselves he might not have 5 SB wins, but the fact is he does.

As far as Montana being better than Brady as I said before a case could be made for either being GOAT. Brady has just as many stats that favor him as Montana over Brady. As I indicated b4 I could care less. My biggest issue is when people say there's no comparison.

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Ah, but the cheating helped GET Brady to the SB. The last couple of years, Rodgers has statistically been better than Brady.

15. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    1) the topic of conversation is Brady vs Montana

2) Rodgers only played half a season this past year so how could his stats have been better than Brady?? And even if his stats had been better no one is still crazy enough to put Rodgers ahead of Brady as GOAT at this point unless they're a complete idiot.

3) No, terrible teams in the AFC East and a general inability from AFC teams period to be competitive with the Patriots is what has caused them to go to multiple SBs and win some and lose some. Those cheating schemes may work on their home field or neutral fields but how do you explain their ability to win on the road including Pittsburgh??

16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    1) No sh**
    2)
    3) in the AFCCGs that were played in Pitt, illegal videoing of practices.
    The Patriots don't always cheat. In fact, they're so good, they don't NEED to cheat or get help. They just do............

17. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

Their D stinks every yr but they have enough offensive power to bail them out...not this yr.....who needs Defense when you got gronk picking up 120 yrds per game and multiple TDs.. Hey gronk go deep....BOOM , 7 points in 10 sec.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Ok then I'll give you that. He can compare to montana.. but I'm still taking Joe all day in a big game. Also Rodgers has been called the goat by many but that's because he's the most gifted all around qb ever...