1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Eagle Patriot Big Game Thread

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Jammasterc, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Patriot D has stunk all year.

2. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    How is that admitting I'm a Patriots fan???

3. quark12000

quark12000 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2015
    Read it again. He said "Patriots fans can't complain..." and you said, "I'm not complaining..."

4. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    I know what he said. I was addressing it as a fan of the game in general first and foremost. Second, It seemed like a generalized statement to me.

5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He still had gronk.. the goat TE who they had NO ANSWER for. Stop acting like he was playing with trash. And when did cooks become Jerry rice?

6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Good game better outcome... I enjoyed it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    So did Denver, and Minnesota.

But the Patriots have now lost FIVE. :D

Edit: I completely forgot Denver getting beat down a few years ago. Lol.

Ok. The Pats are now tied for most.

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Yup! The Patriots are exactly average in the only game that counts! 5-5!

• Like Like x 2
  9. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Rice would be the equivalent of Gronk. Since Cooks was the second best option that would make Cooks the equivalent of John Taylor. Guess who made the TD to win it for the 49ers? So yeah. It makes a difference. I see you also totally disregarded the fact of the significant time discrepancy. Is there really any doubt in anyone's mind that TB could lead his team down the field with 3:10 on the clock if given the opportunity assuming he remains upright?? As Steelers fans we definitely know the answer to that question. Montana had the luxury of not being strip sacked. Brady didn't. That alone is enough reason not to compare the two situations but trolls will troll.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    As asinine as this is going to sound, I would want the Patriots to make it back and lose again.

First team ever to lose six Super Bowls? That is what would make me even more elated.

11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    A play on words but a true statement. Couldn't make it work with Piggly Wiggly though. ;)

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    John Taylor caught that 1 pass THE ENTIRE GAME. And Montana had wheels. Brady does not. Give me the gut with arms and legs..

13. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    Doesn't matter how many he caught...HE CAUGHT THEE PASS. By the way Montana was 32 when he played that game. Last time I checked Brady is 40. Thats a huge difference in age and wear and tear. Once again your failure to assess even the basics makes you come off as a person whose been sucking on lemons at the expense of his nemesis too long. The worst thing you can do is let your enemies know they got you. You clearly suck at that.

14. quark12000

Dec 27, 2015
    Nah, I don't want them even sniffing at another SB for a good, long while. Unrealistic, considering their division, but that's what I'd like.

15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Lol What? Montana played in the real era of football when you could actually touch someone and he suffered far worse hits and injuries than Brady. Montana's body at 32 was like that of a 40 year old die to all the injuries and hits he had up to that point. And lol ok Brady has amendola who just caught to 2 td passes against a better secondary than Philly has since 1 pass makes you a great receiver. He had James white the guy that scored 3 tdsin last year's sb. He had Hogan who showed up in last yrs sb. And lol cooks in that short amount of time caught MORE PASSES than Taylor. Taylor didn' do anything special he was actually covered and that was a better throw than catch as Montana split 2 defenders with the throw.

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Say what now?

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Maybe the reason the patriots don't get called for many penalties is that they are a disciplined team and well coached?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah. And Jordan never traveled, Bird never fouled...

They DO get away with a lot. They got away with a few defensive holds/PI last night. And more than a few holds. I'll grant you that sometimes the refs miss things. Some times they let the players play. But it's odd how they'll see one team do something, and never see NE do it. The reason why is up for debate. The Jordan effect? Maybe...

20. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

Oct 25, 2011
    First of all let's be clear about something. Neither Cooks, Amendola, Hogan, or White are future HOF candidates. They wont even be considered. You can arguably say that Brady has actually done more with the talent he was surrounded with then Montana did since you have to consider consistency and the ability to establish chemistry with players who you know wont be lifetime teammates. Montana was surrounded by Craig, Rice and Taylor for much of his career. But Brady has more rings and has been in twice as many SBs. If you go and look at a side by side stat line Brady is better in 80% of the categories. Dont go and make a stupid comment that you cant compare the two and then make up some weak sorry excuse that the two eras are different later on when you realize Brady has better numbers (at least regular season). What's worse is that you say you can't compare the two but then say they both belong in the GOAT conversation when I brought up Ben. You cant even defend your own argument without contradicting yourself. If they both belong in the GOAT conversation then how can you not compare the two??

I don't have a problem with someone saying Montana was better than Brady, but when you say you can't compare the two you just look the most ignorant, naive, biased person on the face of the earth. It's kind of like someone saying you can't compare LeBron to Jordan. Are you serious? You cant compare the two??

21. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Eagle madness is crazy today.
    They’re talking about winning 3 out of next 5.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And nether is John Taylor but yet you praise him for one catch when no one was honestly worried about him. They were triple teaming rice and he just happened to get behind the defense. And Montana won 2 and before rice was even in the nfl. Brady had great talent in lost in 07 that offense had better talent than that 87 niners team did so stop acting like if you give Brady all this talent in the world he would automatically win. And I'll give you this Brady is much closer to Montana than lebron is to Jordan. Brady does at least have an argument. Lebron has zero argument with MJ. Numbers, rings, accolades, etc.. don't lie. I' sorry I'm just not a guy that is amazed by going to championships and losing but some ppl praise that and too each their own...

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Also Montana won a sb without walsh. Can you remind me what ring Brady has won without belichick. Also Montana went to Kansas city and took them to the afc championship and would have taken THEM to a sb had he not gotten hurt in that game. He proved he wasn't winnig just cause of what he was surrounded by but slot of ppl fail to mention that point. I so desperately want bill to retire to see what Brady does without him. And you forget Brady went TEN YEARS without winning a sb until bill brought over great players on the defensive side of the ball again to help Brady out. And bill belichick doesn't like the big name guys with egos. He tends to stick with system guys who will do what he says. And if you look at Brady's career he didn' start having great numbers until THE RULES CHANGED. He wasn' putting up great numbers or winning mvps in the early 2000s. I'm not talking about the eras I'm talking about the RULES the nfl implemented because all these retired broke players want to sue so now they want to try to PROTECT PLAYER'S who knew what they were signing up for. Dbs and defenses these days are HANDICAPPED by the rules. Brady won early on but he wasn' putting up great numbers and doing what he is now once the RULES have changed I'll give him LONGEVITY over Montana but once again that's a thank you to the RULES. Look at this era even average Joe's like Matt Stafford and Kirk cousins throw for 4000 yards. Lol even Garbage can MATT SCHAUB led the league in yards multiple years and had 4000 play yard seasons. Stop it.

24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    But even the best coached teams should get penalized just due to the randomness of officiating staffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. quark12000

Dec 27, 2015
    Maybe you should go over to their boards. There are probably a few openings now. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1