1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dupree

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Oct 8, 2017.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    This is technically still his sophomore season due to the abdominal injury from a season ago.

I do agree more with Blast Furnace albeit in a different vein. While I agree with the general consenus that Bud's pass rushing abilities have not been what we thought they would be, I still believe that Bud can become "that guy".

Against Minnesota in particular, he did showcase an attack plan when going against Mike Remmers. The issue has been consistent outings.

Those outings should become more frequent as the season drags on. When his attack plan matures, expect his arrary of pass rush moves as well.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I like the golf swing analogy. I used to have a good swing and then around 2009, I started to pull or hook everything. Haven't been the same since and swing lessons don't help.

Dupree needs to pick it up... so does Sean Davis. These guys are supposed to be the present and future... but their performance has been mediocre so far.

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Steeler.com just posted a video of Bud going to his boxing workout where he is working on his hand speed and technique. Apparently he hasn't been quite able to translate this into his game repertoire yet.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Patience grasshopper. As AQL pointed out, his development was impeded with injury. I know the same was said about JJ but Bud has already shown more than JJ ever did.

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'mnot judging just sharing info for those who are not happy with his progress. I think in Bud's case he is trying to expand all areas at the same time and this is causing small incremental changes across the board instead of us seeing say his getting really good at his pass rush skills and slow on his play recognition, or better setting the edge while his haND work auffers.