1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dumervil's hit on Brady and hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ray D, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    What does that have to do with tackling technique? Wait... are you saying personal grudges factor into it? ;)

I'm not comparing this hit to Harrison's hit on McCoy. I'm comparing his TECHNIQUE to almost every hit Harrison has been flagged and fined for. We've said "incidental" and "accidental." And we were told that THAT doesn't matter because it's up to the player to adjust.

Now, if Brady ducks, could Elvis adjust there? No friggin way. If Brady's arms don't block him, does Elvis slide upward with the momentum into Brady's chin? He sure as hell does.

But this is "perfect" technique. :bscow:

This is an example of a good result.

2. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That is the same type of hit that he put on Fitzpatrick last year that was flagged and fined. I guess if Dumervill does it it is perfect technique, but if JH does it, it is dirty????

Now on the Mccoy deal, Brady is 6'04 and McCoy is gererously listed at 6'01" (which I think is very generous).

Is the Jet player who nailed Vick (although vick sort of ducked right into him) getting a fine?

I am against all the fines and only point these hits out because of the inconsistency and the fact JH has been singled out.

3. Romans5:8

Romans5:8 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This is a glaring example of hypocrisy/favoritism or, at best, inconsistent rule implementation.

Harrison has been both flagged and fined for identical types of hits.

4. Romans5:8

Romans5:8 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Though I would opt to use less colorful language/icons, I couldn't agree more.

5. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011

Definately not fair. Here's James hit on the Bills QB. Looks JUST like the one put on marsha brady last night:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXK2cnSFHcs

6. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Dumervil's hit looked like a textbook tackle to me. In fact, that should be on the cover of "Tackling 101". :grin: Bring back the days of grainy clapped-out VHS broadcast recordings where you were never quite sure. You just knew it was a monster tackle. OK, I kid. We live in the age of over-analyzation now, and we're never going back. Unfortunately, Harrison may as well replace #92 with a bullseye because he's #1 on the NFL's "Terrorist Watch List" and the odds of getting flagged have gone way up. Silverback is just going to have to work on it. Sucks, but that's the way it is. Last year's fine for the hit on Fitzpatrick seems a better example of the hypocrisy. :yeehaw:

7. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Hehehe.. I get a little animated when I'm angry over something. It could be a lot worse. ;)