1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

dumb

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Apr 28, 2018.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    So by this logic, we shouldnt criticize Tomlins coaching either. I mean he's an NFL coach and we are not.

2. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Of course we as fans have the right to question and even criticize, but it makes me laugh when I read some of the "experts" around here that seem to think they know more about college talent than the people who went to the combine, pro days, interviews, watched countless hours of tape, etc, etc, etc. There are players each year that we all wonder why the team went that direction but based on the fact that this team is year in and year out a Super Bowl contender, they're doing something right.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Cmon Frost, you're exaggerating to try and make your point a bit don't you think? I've never read any post here where anyone calls themselves or thinks of themselves as an expert. This is all for fun. It makes draft season and the long off season more enjoyable.

Like everyone here you are entitled to your opinion, but it makes me laugh when I read some of the "zealots" around here that seem to think that the front office can do no wrong and to think otherwise means your not as good a fan as they are.

And you're right they are definitely doing things right. For the record I think they are clearly one of the best font offices in all of sports, but they make mistakes too... cough* Dobbs in the 4th *cough :puking:

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  5. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    I believe you!

6. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    No, by this logic, we shouldn't criticize Tomlin when the Steelers players didn't get us enough points in our fantasy league.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Criticize yes, but think they can do a better job? Thats pretty delusional.

8. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    What if I know I can do a better job but just feel like I have been eight balled by the league because of my vast knowledge and football acumen? Really, for all you know I could be a GM who is posting on here because my wife left me, took my kids, dog, money, car, huggy pillow, toothbrush...this site and the football team I work for are all I have! You make a bunch of assumptions without know any of us, unless you are the guy that ran off with my wife...are you?

9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He was considered a reach not just by people on this board but analysts, football aficionados, AND HALL OF FAME PLAYERS WHO ARE NOW ANALYST. I guess they dont know **** either.

10. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    I agree. I think it was definitely a reach but, reach or not, it's a defensive pick. Edmunds is going to play defense.

You guess the HOF analysts don't know **** either? Glad we got that settled.

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    This!

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Are these the same analysts, afficionados and HOF players who got Brady to fall to the 6th round?