1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Duck finally

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dynamic Dennis, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Dynamic Dennis

Dynamic Dennis Active Member

Sep 9, 2019
    This is impressive. Finally got the reindeer out of the game

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :rolleyes:

Reindeer, Duck... it don't matter. Steelers offense sucks!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Dude, Rudolph finally got pulled. It's OK.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Duck will get pulled eventually.... Paxton, the new messiah.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  5. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    D has potential in future... but Steelers suck as an overall team.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    One can hope I guess. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    It matters. And the offense sucks less with Duck. If the OL would give him time, he'd put the ball in the receivers' hands.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Duck may not have the arm strength, but he seems to be a lot more accurate than Rudolph. He can run around. Poor man's Joe Montana...I keed I kid...perhaps a Doug Flutie. He broke passing records at Div 3 and you can't do that with an inaccurate arm.

9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I got 25 bucks for a f%#ked up duck.

10. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    There is no flow to this offense.Really think if has as much to do with play calling than who is under center.With that said I still think right now they are better with Hodges.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Good description. He reminds me a bit of Jake Delhomme.

12. MackDog21

MackDog21 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Watch his post-game press conference when its up on Steelers.com ... it just ended. But Duck has SWAG, he is cool chilling and you can tell the team likes him and he is a total bro, someone you would want to have went to college with (but not like Manziel)

I'm on board, Duck has a better chance at being our future than Mason, and he also is shaping up to be better RIGHT NOW. And he is an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE ... stock pointing UP

https://www.steelers.com/news/archive/press-conferences/

Will be there, but it only ended like 5 minutes ago so give it some time. 100% must watch imo though, kid just has that it factor, swag, he down to earth and is just cool. Duck

13. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Thing is, Mason had the pedigree in college as well. I know I sound like a broken record with this, but he was the best senior qb in all of football his last season and his arm was responsible for James Washington being the best wr in college the same year. He couldn't have done that without being accurate. Problem is, he isn't accurate. Go figure.

QUACK QUACK

14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Duck was served just in time for Thanksgiving!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Remember, Duck also knocked out a Cinci linebacker for a play or two. I doubt that Rudolph after getting concussed just a few weeks ago, would have done that. Rudolph just isn't relaxed, there's too much going on in his mind. Rudolph impressed me in preseason and his first start. He may come back to the old Rudolph after some time off, but it isn't there right now. Same thing happened to Maddox. Brain sends all kinds of signal to the body to protect itself after being put to sleep. It doesn't want the body in same situation again. So instead of having good mechanics and taking a hit, the brain is shouting 'protect yourself' to the body. It's how we have evolved. Mason looks like a good kid, but what he needs right now is time away.

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Now we are all fupped duck. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  17. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Devlin has better awareness and movement in the pocket, able to read the field better and knows when to get rid of the ball. All things Mason has been struggling with. By no means is he a franchise QB yet or anything like that but it was obvious to me he should have been starting over Mason weeks ago. Hope it works out for the kid and he helps the Steelers get some wins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    It is funny in the beginning of the year I said there's something about Duck I like. And I got laughed at on this board and in real life lol.

Although do I see him as a starter in this league? No.

19. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey The Glory Days.

You know how this goes with the "QB Flavor of the Day". Like you stated, and many of us have here, Mason was phenomenal in college. However, it just is not transferring right now at this level. As also stated, and a reminder to some. he is young, has only started a handful of games, and this is his first season as a starter. I think that there are some here that still have "Rookie Ben" visions dancing in their heads. For every "Rookie Ben" type QB that has materialized in the NFL, there are way more that have not. Just keep in perspective of the "drought" that we had between Terry Bradshaw and Big Ben to keep things in perspective. Take care.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

20. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Others have A-Rodg, Matty Ice, GOAT, Gunslinger... and we have a Duck and a Reindeer. Doesn’t instill fear does it

21. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Let him start next week At least he gets rid of the ball doesn’t stand there for a half hour

• Agree Agree x 4
  22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Hodges came in and gave a spark which was needed. I've been a Rudolph supporter but the move needed to be made. On top of that I really can't believe Tomlin did it. Still, the offensive line is a major issue, one majorly stands out which is AV. He is struggling.

5 for 11. Not world beating and after the TD he was brought down to earth but at least he moves around which is needed with this swiss cheese line. I would not be surprised if he starts against the clowns. If he struggles they can bring Rudolph in. Might be musical QB's. Also maybe this is what Rudolph needed.

A pathetic bungles team went just went toe to toe. Doesn't scream comfort.

23. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Browns are gonna whoop Steelers next week. Ugly game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I was sipping a bit after the game hahahahaha

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Don't ever change, Dobbler!