1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Drama in Baltimore!

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Jan 16, 2023.

1. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Yes I’d be surprised if that isn’t the plan. I’d also be surprised if it doesn’t end with one or both of them going on IR. OBJ has had two ACL tears and really hasn’t done anything for some time.

They’re looking to catch lightning in a bottle, we will see.

2. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm going to follow Lamar's lead and represent myself as I speak to my employer this week and ask for 5 year fully guaranteed contract until I retire. If I perform well I may even sit at home and refuse to work until I get more money. If I perform badly, so be it I'm guaranteed. Just think if that mentality worked in the real world. Not just Lamar, but I get frustrated with many players feeling they deserve huge contracts based on who they were. Some may deserve more money, but I've never seen anyone give money back for underperforming. It should all be incentive based. If you want more money, then play well and then take advantage of your endorsement opportunities.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    In your line of work I'm sure you're far more replaceable than lamar jackson. I doubt there's only 32 spots to do what you do out of over a billion people on this globe.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Obj actually was good down the stretch for the rams. But of course he got hurt again.

5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I think they will after the draft

6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Yes he was good leading up to the Super Bowl and even in the game itself until he got hurt, albeit with Cooper Kupp alongside him drawing the coverage away.

He will probably be the top target for Lamar in Baltimore and might find things more difficult. I’m sure he can still be a very good player if he can stay on the field though

7. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    OBJ is a Punk! He’ll fit right in with Lamar, Hairball and the Rats! :rolleyes::facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Nobody is irreplaceable. Lamar Jackson will realize this....just like L bell did....Plus there are a lot more jobs for Qbs than 32 if You are comparing it to working. You have Canada ,XFL, USFL, and plenty of arena leagues. I know You will say only the NFL matters, but Maybe the Guy You quoted....maybe only His company matters to Him.:shrug: Not all companies pay the same, or have the same benefits ....even for the same job.

• Like Like x 3
  9. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I recently left a job after 20 years tenure for more money and opportunity. While I agree I wasn't irreplaceable and could never have won in a standoff, there were things not documented that I did because I just knew. For 3-months after starting my new job, I met with my replacement and former boss to provide direction/advice on resolving issues that came to them because I was that "go to" in those circumstances. Again, I was definitely replaceable, but I did have a certain degree of feeling invaluable after I left :smiley1:

My hats off to the new guy and I wish him well, which is why I was helpful. But, if they ever asked me to come back it would be for more money. Unfortunately, there is too much pride on both sides.

• Like Like x 2
  10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Well the nfl is the top tier of said line of work. There's other leagues but they aren't anywhere near the level of the nfl. Alot of guys in those leagues are auditioning to get to the nfl. Like a pj walker for example.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree, but in the real world....a lot of job are better at certain companies the same way. Also I believe PJ Walker played for the Panthers last year after playing in the other leagues, and I think He's a Bear now.
    I actually was wanting Him as a backup at one time.

12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The key is everyone is replaceable. Even and especially a f*cking football player. The sooner you realize that, the easier your life will be.

Let me ask you a question in light of the Washington commanders just selling for $6B. Their QB depth chart is Sam Howell, Jacoby Brissett, and Jake Fromm. Their sh!tty QB play had zero impact on the value of that franchise. Let's just say that the Ravens were worth $5B. Do you think that this value would go down without Jackson on the roster or go up with Jackson on the roster? There is no way in hell that a single player changes the market value of an NFL franchise. In a for-profit business, it is all about making money for the owners. Jackson being there or not doesn't change the market value of the team.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Actually they do. The bucs value, ticket sales, revenue sales, etc.. jumped tremendously when brady went there. https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-brady-mahomes-effect-bucs-chiefs-see-massive-jump-value

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Brady is a multi multi SB champion....also...Brady wasn't the only addition to that team that year.
    It always make Me laugh when people say....added Brady, and they won a SB. LoL. More than 8 pro Bowler had been added to that team the same Year, and that doesn't include Brady, or the other players added that year.

• Like Like x 2
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ben tells the truth, and people get in their feelings. LoL. Exactly what I've been saying for years. If one knows how to watch a defense....one sees how they defend Him.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Exactly. Hard to take anything seriously from those two knuckleheads. If they combined their brains together, they would still have a lower IQ than the average 13 year old.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Don't we have enough cornerbacks?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You said any player. So I gave you an example. And being the goat doesn't make you box office. Brady is actually quite boring to watch. And the bucs net worth increased tremendously since getting brady

21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Let's see how many ppl watch them this yr. To think brady wasn't the primary reason their revenue increased is laughable. He was number 1 in jersey sales when he switched why wasn't any of those other 8 pro bowlers top ten?

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I didn't say they sold jerseys....I said they helped win a SB

23. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    It wasn't just Brady, but nice try. BTW, what is their net worth? Go do your Google research and report back.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm not talking bout winning a sb. I was talking about how brady increased their value FINANCIALLY. There you go jumping in condos and don't know what they were even about.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    The article told you how their networks increased by over 20% after getting brady.