1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DraftWire 7 Round Steelers Mock

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TheMatrixHasYou, Apr 1, 2018.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Bama played it's share of cupcakes too. Some very similar opponents as Boise. I think there is and has been a lot more parity lately in college football. The jump to the pros has not been that tough for a lot of players from conferences other thanthe SEC. I think some overstate the fact of who Evans played against is reason why his numbers are not as good. :cool:

2. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Right in the middle

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    wow you took what i said there and made it out that SEC players are not making it in the league? what i said was quite different than that. i said and its in black and white other conferences players have not had a hard time making it. so again whos making things up here. :cool:

4. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Mac seriously it's right there dude you clearly stated that the jump to the pros hasn't been that tough for a lot of players from other conferences other than ones from the SEC .

......other than the SEC

5. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Are you talking specifically about Bama? Or is it a NFL concern? If you're talking Bama and Evans specifically You will have to show me where a lot of teams said they were concerned with the DBs and DL making all the tackles Evans should. I already stated the fact that Carter made more tackles 16 more in 6 more games which is like 2.5 per game and Evans averaged 3.5 a game in his career....not starting and learning a new position. Hardly a way to trumpet Carters superiority.....

6. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Ok after reading it over again about 50 times in my head I can admit that it's probably not what you were trying to say. It can easily be read both ways but I will apologize for the assumption. Trust me I have much better things to do than to duke it out with you and make things up for the hell of it.
    I do still stand behind my opinion that you aren't giving Evans a fair shake or evaluation. Whether you realize it or not your disdain for him shows through on any of the posts where his name comes up. I still feel your criticisms and comparisons aren't justified...that's your prerogative. I've regretfully wasted too much of my time and energy on something that will most likely never come to pass. I'm done......
    Edit: Really surprised no one threw the popcorn emoji in on this one.....had to be fun to follow for everyone besides Mac and myself........and the SEC players :roflmao:
    :drinks: Here's to many less confrontational debates as this one......:steelflag:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  7. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Mac come back ......I'm sorry.......did I set a TSF record for consecutive posts yet? Damn you TTF I've been up for 29 hours straight so far , trying to adjust to a 10pm to 6am nite shift....this place is like The Roach Motel.....you can sign in but you can't log off....

8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I think so but now maybe I'm not so sure. Sometimes my comprehension skills abandon me for no good reason :smiley1: . I just posted a link in the ILB thread that discusses the responsibilities of the different ILB positions and the top candidates to fill those roles. Focused on what is perceived as one of our biggest weaknesses the Mack position Shaziers spot. It's actually very informative and gives a nice scouting report on the best guys to fill the Mack,Buck and even SS/LB hybrid. I didn't see his name mentioned as a possible candidate for that role. Your probably right though about him in NE they like to do things differently than us...you should check it out. I learned a few things and it also supported some of my own thoughts....

9. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    :popcorn:

Sorry, I just got caught up

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Dilly Dilly :drinks::cool: