1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Disco1981, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    With the signing of Burnett...I would like to see the Steelers trade down a little and get the safety Harrison or Reid, and TE Gisecki...Imo Gisecki would be the TE they envisioned in Ladarius Green...Scary scary offense, AND the D shored up!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Draft? Its a bit early but if your pouring...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    I think they go QB first (Rudolph or Jackson) if either of the ILB's they want are gone.
    "Never Pass on a franchise quarter back."- Dan Rooney

4. Mr.HammerZz

Mar 13, 2018
    This draft is DEEP with talent so I'm sure whoever they nab will be a star! KC knows how to draft. :)

5. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You are nuts if you think either of those are franchise qbs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Mr.HammerZz

Mar 13, 2018
    it honestly doesn't matter what I think in that regard. Sorry my opinion and yours aren't going to mean a hill of beans to the front office. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Well that’s it. Close up shop. No need to discuss it anymore. Nothing we say matters so let’s no talk about. Shut the message board down. We are wasting our time. LOL.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    I want them to trade down also but I doubt it happens. Colbert doesn't move around much in the draft.

I think we all agree that Safety should be a high pick along with ILB.

I like TE Gisecki but I think we are okay with Mcdonald and James.

9. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Unless it's Dan friggin Marino!!!! Or not bringing in Montana whom wanted to be here vs with the Chiefs as they said they felt pretty good with Mr. Throw to the other guy. Hahahahahaha man what could've been with Dan. Joe would've done damage with our D then as well for a couple seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    my guess is if they want Harrison or reid they will have to stay where they are. I think the signing of burnett makes it easier to take gisecki. maybe take him and hope an ilb falls in the second

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    For some reason I'm falling in love with the idea of Bo Scarbrough.

He's gonna surprise everybody. He's a freak.

12. Mr.HammerZz

Mar 13, 2018
    LOL! yep if you believe the Steelers organization is taking notes from a fan message board, then your special. I assure you they aren't and never have. That's my point, not close the message board down! I know we all come on here to share but
    just because you don't agree with a fellow fans idea or opinion doesn't warrant a childish response like this...
    I love the Steelers and have since I was like 6, I'm 37, and I must say some of you fans on here are rude, condescending, and downright narcissistic about your "Opinions" to one another, it's disgusting honestly. I root for the same team as you do dude chill out.

13. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Removing the Steelers from the equation, I take Rudolph over Josh Allen and Baker Mayield all day long. Depending on interviews I might even take Rudolph over Rosen.

I think Rudolph is the most underrated QB in the draft. I see alot of potential there if he goes to the right team with a smart OC. Rudolph to the Patriots would be a concern.

As for Lamar Jackson, if he goes to a team willing to go all in and build around his talents, I think he could easily become the most successful QB of this class. Have to commit to alot of RPOs. To me, he is a better prospect coming out than Vick was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh i agree on that. I dont feel any of these guys are very good qbs. The position is so watered down now with these spread offenses. I think 7 years down the road. Riley ferguson may be best of this bunch.

I think they get hyped because they are qbs. Just my opinion

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Or he could be Trent Richardson 2.0

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Lighten up Francis :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    What if Josh Allen falls to the Steelers? Should the Steelers draft him? I would draft the player that can help this team win a Super Bowl and pass on Allen. Plus, I doubt if the cap issues will allow a first round pick to ride the bench for three years. But what if Josh Allen is the next Aaron Rodgers? I know a lot of what iffs.

18. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I think the chances that Josh Allen hits that high ceiling people talk about is just so low.

Kyle Boller had a rocket arm and could throw it 80 yards too. He also had poor accuracy in college too.

I think Darnold is solid but may never be a star.

Rosen may flash but his attitude will hold him back.

Allen might become a star but will likely never blossom.

Mayfield will be a bust.

Rudolph will be solid with star potential.

IF Jackson goes to the right team, he will be a rockstar. Don't force him to become a pocket Passer who sometimes runs.

Just my projections.

19. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    He wont drop. Thats my point. He is probably a 3rd or 4th round talent that someone wont risk passing up. Nobody wants to be the fool who passes on a qb. Its almost more acceptable to draft a bust than pass on a guy

But to answer ur question. No i dont think they should

20. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Just asking your opinion. Not really questioning u. Do you really think jackson has nfl accuracy?

21. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I was just giving my opinion on those 6 QBs. I could be and probably will be way off.:lolol:

As a consistent pocket Passer no I don't. If jackson has to throw 30 times a game he is probably going to lose.

He needs to go to a run heavy offense where he can run the ball himself atleast 2 or 15 times a game.

He shouldn' be throwing more than 20 or 25 times a game.

I doubt his NFL accuracy will be much better than his college accuracy.

22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Who is the best blocking TE in the draft, that is who we need?

Although a legit Red Zone threat would be welcomed too.

23. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Yes, there is that possibility.

24. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    And that is my fear for him. To me he is rg3 not cam. He cant take the hits

25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

I agree and don't think it's out of the question. Rudolph I think would be the best of the bunch but there is some talent in this one. I don't care for Jackson really. Our FO has gone to look at Rudolph and a couple of others. Sure Ben said 3 more years but you never know. Ben is getting up there in age and wear and tear on that old body. Just because he wants to doesn't mean he can effectively for 3 or 4 more. If we can get a good one why not. We signed Burnett for 3 years. There are plans of shazier coming back at some point. This FO isn't as either win it all now or never as many fans are and I don't really see a safety at 1 and maybe not even a LB now if it's just to hold a spot for shazier to return.

Yes we need to add depth but we are also leaving that top spot open a little with the looks we are giving Bates and flowers and edmunds in the safety consideration. Some get so enamoured with certain positions even after we fill such holes, but not with who they think it should be. There is some deep talent at LB too in this draft. We also have some talent already here that has been in the NFL already and I'm not sure they are ready to send to the bench quite yet. We have plenty of holes to fill at many spots. It's not all about just this year either.:cool:

• Like Like x 1