1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Draft weary!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    My wife hates watching sports on TV but loves to go to sporting events that our kids and now grandkids play.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I’ve got a girlfriend and she happens to be my wife. And…she is a doll so I’ve got all of that covered. :thumbs_up:

You’re kinda new here so I’ll cut you a break. But I can already tell that you’re going to be loads of fun to interact with. :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Happy 45th!

The draft is my favorite sporting event of the football off-season. I have buddies who come over Thursday and/or Friday night. They’re Redskins, Packers and Dolphins fans. I’ve managed to get my wife into it as well. She doesn’t know who the vast majority of the prospects are, but she knows who I’ve been talking about (good and bad), and when the Steelers selection is approaching she knows what players to root against being drafted by someone else. She has also heard enough from me the past few months to know that if the Steelers suddenly pop up on the clock before pick #20, to remove all throwable objects from my immediate vicinity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I used to buy the Sporting News draft magazine, they had some good coverage back in the day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    I remember buying that also. Back in my day the Sporting News was printed on paper like a newspaper is. I think in the late 1980's they switched to the glossy magazine style.

• Like Like x 3
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :thumbs_up:
    I got all my old ladies into football. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 2
  7. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I’ve been known to throw an item or two during a game, but not the draft, lol. But if the Steelers TRADE UP to draft a quarterback, I’m chucking the flat screen out the window! :frustrated:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Is that code?;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Yep, there's patchwork in the walls around the tv too.
    My luck, i would go to throw it out the window and it would wedge perfectly in the frame and remain on. Hell, prolly a with better reception too.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not so new, been a member since 2019. Fly by poster, drops a pearl of wisdom like that and leaves. Wait till he finds out how many people actually attend the draft.

As for weary, yeah, I’m weary of the super scouts here telling me why the prospects I like are no good :lolol:

I can’t wait for the 28th :herewego:

• Like Like x 1
  11. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I noticed that he’s been a member since 2019. Glad he’s an infrequent poster if that all he’s got to contribute.:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Is that code for....You Want Me 2 tell You more.:shrug:

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No but how do you like your crow, extra crispy?

I’ll have to prepare a lot this year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

What if one of the trade ups is Kyle Hamilton?

Very doubtful I know but... one never knows!! This is Colbert's final draft so who is to say he is going to swing for the fences?

• Like Like x 1
  15. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I started getting the draft angst Easter Sunday. Talk of getting a second rate QB in the 1st round by "experts" getting me a bit nervous.

I don`t think management is that stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I plan to watch the first night at the bar and watch some of night two. Day 3 is where I just follow it on twitter and go back to living my life lol.

17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If it’s Hamilton (or Davis, Gardner or one of the top tackles), I wouldn’t be unhappy at all. However the tantrum damage to my personal property will have already been done because I will assume that they are trading up for a QB. I jest of course.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    the part i hate about the draft is watching the other teams in our division taking the guys i liked for us to get. i hate that. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup, hate that. And it is usually Baltimore, Cincy or Cleveland that gets them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Yep, that would be the other teams in the division like mac daddyo said ;)

• Like Like x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ha, he must have added that after!

I could have sworn it just said when other teams take players you like but that wouldnt make sense, someone has to :lolol:

22. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    I have a sick feeling that the Ravens are going to take Jordan Davis. It won't bother me as badly if the Browns get him because they will probably screw it up somehow. They'll put him at Edge or something like that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm thinking the safeties that we may want. that has happened before. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Why do the Ravens need Jordan Davis? If I am Baltimore, my top priority should be either adding another OT despite having Ronnie Stanley or Morgan Moses. Moses is what he is at this point and it is fair to question whether or not Stanley can stay healthy. Another position of need for Baltimore is Cornerback and, thankfully for Baltimore, a very deep and talented CB class awaits. Now, this also could mean that the Ravens take one later (I would not blame them) but if still available, I would not hesitate to run to the podium for Andrew Booth. Sure, he is injured now but I doubt he would be kept out for long. In addition, Eric DeCosta loves to have as many CBs on the Roster; doubly so given what happened to the Ravens a season ago on how decimated their Secondary was. In addition, having Booth also adds some extra Marcus Peters insurance as well.

IDL is not something I would imagine the Ravens take. Cincy is likely headed for either Tyler Linderbaum or Zion Johnson. I would not rule out the likes of Kenyon Green either.

25. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Please please please for the love of god trade up for a qb!