1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Draft topic........why not?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mikeyd572, Jan 8, 2012.

1. mikeyd572

mikeyd572 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I hope this time around they do something to aid our pass defense. Etiher by pass rush or shut down corner. We are the only team that can make Tebow look like a brady or a manning. I keep saying it over and over. If the opposing qb is playing from his backside or running for his life, he can not beat you.

2. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    We've needed to draft in the secondary for SO many years its not even funny yet it kept getting overlooked.

I'd like to see offensive lineman and secondary picks primarily in this draft.

3. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This is what I think. They need to draft a starting guard, a noes tackle, a tackle through the draft or free agency, a Safety, and a running back.

Guard
    Nose Tackle
    Tackle
    Safety
    Running Back - Ganaway, Terrance RB - 6-0 - 240 - SR - Baylor Bears - DeKalb, Texas/DeKalb HS/Texarkana College

Thats five pick. They should trade Mendenhall for more picks, especially because of his injury, and now that they know Redman can get the job done. With Redman and Ganaway, who is very fast for his size, they will have a great one two punch.

4. mikeyd572

mikeyd572 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

how about going after stephen jackson from st louis for a running back.

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What about letting Hood beef up and play NT he isn't making a dent at end

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm actually fine with our corners, and who knows if Cortez and Curtis Brown are future stars? Not really a lot of room on this roster for another CB.

We need a better offensive line, anyone can be upgraded on the line except for Pouncey. We need a Farrior replacement and a Hampton replacement maybe we can find them in the draft, but I doubt it.

7. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yup. I'd even consider going more towards a hybrid NT in the Sapp mold in order to generate a quicker pass rush. I think the days of the fat, strong and slow NT's are coming to an end with the new pass-happy NFL.

Don't think we need DB help yet (maybe another athletic safety) as we should focus on OL and the front seven on D.

8. Forged Steel

Forged Steel Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Can't imagine we'd get much for a broken down RB....

9. Ronak

Ronak Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Haven't we drafted 4 corners in past 2 drafts?

I think number 1 need is OL.

Beyond that, DL.

10. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Yes, we've drafted a bunch, but no one has started yet... and some others aren't even on the roster now (Burnett, .
    Wonder if they haven't seen anything they like, or if they are just going to be backups.

11. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yup. I'd even consider going more towards a hybrid NT in the Sapp mold in order to generate a quicker pass rush. I think the days of the fat, strong and slow NT's are coming to an end with the new pass-happy NFL.

Don't think we need DB help yet (maybe another athletic safety) as we should focus on OL and the front seven on D.[/quote:2l4paa3t]
    There is still room in the secondary for us to draft two DBs. William Gay might be gone next year, and we could definitely ditch Will Allen to open up a spot for a young future starter at safety.

Taylor - Lewis - Brown - Allen - ?
    Clark - Polamalu - Mundy - ?

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    There is still room in the secondary for us to draft two DBs. William Gay might be gone next year, and we could definitely ditch Will Allen to open up a spot for a young future starter at safety.

Taylor - Lewis - Brown - Allen - ?
    Clark - Polamalu - Mundy - ?[/quote:38lrecc2]

i'd sure like to get markelle martin at safety. there will be one heck of a battle in camp over the CB spot. it should be fun to watch. :cool:

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I believe our future DL selections must have pass rushing abilities
    and potential, it is imperative now that the league has changed the rules so much
    in favor of the offense. I would really prefer a DL like NY Giants they get after the Qb.
    This is the type of football I like to see.

14. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :thumbs_up: