1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Draft Thoughts

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TarheelFlyer, Dec 12, 2011.

1. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yeah i think 8-9 years is a stretch for big ben as well

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    a few guys i like. it's early though.
    luke kuechly ilb BC
    chase minnifield cb VIR.
    kendell wright wr BAY.
    markelle martin fs OK. ST.
    these are a few i wouldn't mind in the first round.

2 and beyond
    levy adcock ot OK.ST.
    tyler horn c/g MIA.
    brandon boykin cb GEO.
    tommie streeter wr MIA.
    kevin zeitler og WISC.
    senio kelemete ot/og WASH.
    joe adams wr ARK.
    kirk cousins qb MICH.ST.
    matt reynolds ot BYU
    trenton robinson fs MICH. ST.
    tyler nielson olb IOWA
    tom compton ot S. DAK.
    asa jackson cb CAL POLY
    kelcie mccray ss ARK. ST.
    joe looney c/g WF ******** i like this kid alot not sure why so far down the draft list. steal
    don barclay ot/og WVU
    marcel jones ot NEB.
    stephen good og OKLA.
    :geek: :cool: :write:

3. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    if he had a line he would switch up his style of play sit in the pocket pic teams apart! you can see little pieces of it this year also look a R Cunningham when his legs went out switched his Style got 3 or 4 more years Ben can play 8 9 years easy IMO

4. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I agree with Steemo here. And if ben is gone and someone else plays they will benefit from a good o-line. Everyone behind the line benefits from a good o-line. Shoot so does our defense. How is this ever not the top priority behind a top flight QB? You would have to sacrifice in other areas of the team though.

People might or might not be shocked at who I would lose for major upgrades in O-line and if we needed a good QB. 99x out of 100 the teams that run deep in the playoff or go to a super bowl have a top flight QB's. Def the ones that are perennial winners for a chunk of seasons always have a top QB. If that is not the most important thing and then protecting him, then I say those front offices have other bizarre priorities.

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Steelers are going to purge alot of veterans from their current roster, this should
    open up cap space. Maybe just maybe we can get creative and possibly join in on the Fa
    and draft and get an OG, NT,ILB, Safety!

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

You are sadly mistaken son if you think #7 will last 7or 8 yrs, not with the beating he has taken all these years. We better watch a great QB at work because he will be done in 4 or 5 years.It took us
    25 years to get a franchise QB. It may take us another 25 like him. Say hello to 9-7, 8-8
    mediocre seasons.

7. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    your missing the WHOLE freaking POINT! if they would PUT A LINE around him he would last and NOT take a beating! How long you think any QB they would daft would last? not being as big or as tough as Ben! yeah took them 25 years to find a good QB so why the hell dont they protect him with a LINE! :herewego!:

8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't think anyone is doubting the need to improve the o-line. I also think Ben's style has allowed the front office to ignore the o-line for a while.

It's more the belief that Ben will change the style of his play because of this that's the issue. After all, you would have thought hitting a truck with his own face might have made him more cautious about leaving the pocket... didn't happen.