1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Draft Prospect Visits

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by turtle, Feb 4, 2017.

1. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    DeShone Kizer, QB
    Brad Kaaya, QB
    CJ Beathard, QB
    Joshua Dobbs, QB

2. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    looks like we are setting up for one in the 1st and 2nd round range and one in the 4th, 5th or 6th round range. :cool:

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  6. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Hard to say. They don't have d-backs listed, since they just got in yesterday. And the qbs are in the 1-2 range, and the 5-7 range. TEs look like 2-3 and 5 and later, wrs look like 2-3 rounders, rbs look like 3-4 round. DL is in the 2-3 range, also.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Could he be our # 3?

8. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
  9. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I have no proof on any of what I am saying here this is all gut feeling. I have this strange feeling we are seriously looking at Brad Kaaya in the 2nd round. I don't know why but since his bowl game I have had a feeling he was on our radar. Now with the Ben talk I think the front office may be serious about a replacement. IDK maybe I am looking into things to much but I have this weird feeling this kid is on our radar in the 2nd. jmo

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    ny i feel ya. i think they are ready to get one, maybe not day one but fairly high. i think the reality of ben being very close has set in and they want one in place but are not quite ready for day one yet. more of a test the waters type guy for this year. i hope it's not kaaya but......:cool:

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't know much on what direction the front office wants to go but I have a strange feeling we are going to grab one early. I don't know much on Kaaya but I have heard his named linked to us on the radio a few times. A name to look at real late or a FA who I kinda like is Wes Lunt from Ill. he started his career with Okl. St. and started there as a freshman. He transferred to Ill. and played there, I have concerns about his health. I saw him in the Shrine game and while he didn't have great numbers he threw the ball well. I feel this kid has the size and the talent but can he learn to be a pro and can he stay healthy? IMO well worth a look if we don't end up drafting a guy early. I feel this kid is just as good if not better than some of the guys ranked ahead of him....Peterman, Webb, Evans, Beathard, Rush, Torgerson, Pipkin and Gustafuson.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Rather see it be Dobbs myself. I've cooled on Mahomes.

Dobbs in the 4th maybe, developmental. I dont think Bens replacement is in this draft.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

i've been a big fan of the U for many, many, ok many years. back in the kosar and kelly days and kaaya has tools but he hasn't improved to me. sometimes looks good and the next play looks lost. pressure flusters him bad. i hope he's not our pick. he has played in miami's pro style offense but i don't see the improvement that should be there with him.

peterman, webb, bethard, mahomes are probably my top guys for us. :cool:

14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Kayaa will go in the late rounds, he is a project thats most likely a career backup in the NFL, he isnt a scrambler with just an average arm and his physical size makes scouts wonder if he can stand up to the hits he has to take in the pros, I see him as a long term project that may not even get drafted until the 6th 7th round:

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/20...rt-the-size-the-smarts-and-the-question-marks

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Damn man that says a lot....I hope my gut is wrong lol.

16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Not a lot of good things here people are saying about him. All the boards I have looked at have him in the 2-3 range. I can't wait for the post combine rankings to come out and see where he is then.

17. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Well you know how speculation goes at draft time, my best prediction for him is a 4th or 5th round, any team that drafts him will start him off with a trainer to add 20 pounds to his 210 frame and work on his arm strength, like I said he is a long term project for who ever drafts him, this draft is deep in corners so when we do draft in the second round it better be edge rusher or corner, a long term project QB isnt in the cards in the second round this year, IMO....

18. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I hope we don't take a qb this year. I think when it's time to take a qb, you go all in on the guy you like, move up and go get him. Don't feel that way about anyone this year.

That being said, one guy I will keep an eye on is Jerod Evans from VA Tech.

I was very surprised when I looked this guy up and realized that he wasn't related to Mike Evans. They are both big dudes and look alot alike.

He is very raw but alot of tools to use there.

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree and for the record I don't want to draft this kid in the 2nd or 3rd....maybe not at all. I am saying that I have this gut feeling we are going to do something and since we meet with this kid and from what I am seeing on boards and hearing on the radio it wouldn't surprise me if he was picked in the 2nd. I don't like it or want it, your right CB-S-TE-RB-WR and OLB are all positions that are deep in this draft and all places I would like to see us go rather than QB....especially in the 2nd.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Now that is real funny cause some one mentioned either on the NFL channel or Sirius that Evans would be a nice fit for the Steelers. They said he needs lots of work but is a kid who the Steelers could hide and get ready on their practice squad without having to worry about someone stealing him........