1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Draft Position?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Jan 11, 2021.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

No. But no one expects Fichtner to be here next season

2. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I see a need at tackle and center on the oline this year and guard for next year to replace DD. Then a RB hopefully a big back that can gain a yard even if there isn't a hole. Depth at ILB would be nice.

I think this years draft was pretty good Claypool, Highsmith and Dotson are all solid and each should improve in year two.

The Steelers need to stop reaching and wasting draft picks on projects. Artie Burns had speed and length but problems in zone coverage and adjusting to the ball. You can't coach speed and length but he regressed every year and never did correct his weaknesses.
    Sean Davis is he a corner or a safety it appears he isn't very good at either one. Edmunds did they draft him because his brother is a good player.
    They hired Tomlin because he was supposed to be this defensive genius and I can't remember one good DB that they have drafted and developed under MT.

Please do not draft any DB's this draft they will just be wasted picks.

Rebuild the Oline and get a RB and hope Rudolf can do a decent job or find a Teddy Bridgewater or Tanahill type QB. High draft picks that needed more time or didn t fit where they were.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Could they jettison Keith Butler too?! I seriously doubt he is going anywhere.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This draft is chalk full of great Offensive Lineman overall. No shortage of quality talent at any position either. That said, that alone is what has me a bit concerned about this upcoming draft. More often than not, if the position itself is deep enough, the Steelers often skip that position to acquire something else.

Given the fact that Joe Haden is likely a cap casualty, my hope is Cameron Sutton is extended. If not, Cornerback automatically vaults into the top slot. The issue is the likes of Surtain II, Caleb Farley, Jaycee Horn (son of Joe Horn) and Derion Kendrick are all likely to be off the board by that point due to the value of that position. Of the cornerbacks I would want, Jaycee Horn is my top choice. Now, as you said, Defensive Back projects are becoming quite the disturbing trend although Terrell Edmunds had his best season this year. If there is a Cornerback I would avoid like the flu, Derion Kendrick is the guy.

5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    In a QB you need mobility, Trask is more like MR in that department. The draft capitol is not there to move up, OT is loaded in this draft, a few are set apart, but still very good quality. Top guys are gone you might even be able to trade down a few spots, pick up late 3rd or someones 3rd comp and still get the guy you want. We had a really good draft last year, Minkah, Chase, Highsmith,and Dotson. I am for staying the course and continuing to build, and if anything obtaining more picks. A lot of unknowns in this draft, players who opted out of playing last year, more who are coming out early. There is going to possibly be some very good talent in the middle rounds, this could be foundational draft that produces in very short order.