1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Draft Pick Trades

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Apr 14, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    So there is a ton of talk about us trading up into the first for one of the Devins. I am totally against that and it has nothing to do with the Devins but all to do with the cost of trading up. We would have to move up 10 spots and that is 450 points which is our 1st, and two 3rds......imo way too much in a talent loaded draft. So I have been playing around with other options to move up in different rounds. We have 10 picks and no need for all them so why not use some for "better" players?

Here are my thoughts, move up in the 2nd round to #39(510 pts) with Tampa for our two thirds # 66(260) & 83(175) we may have to throw in our 6th rounder as it isn't quite the same value 510-435. That gives us 3 picks in the top 52 man that is some good quality players there.

Another option I was looking at is the SF's 4th rounder # 104(86 pts), SF only has 6 picks. Maybe we could give our 4th #122(50) and our 5th #141(35) and then use our three 6th round picks to grab one of the giants 5th rounders. That would give us 5 picks in the top 104, I like that.

Anyone else have any thoughts on where they would like to trade up to?

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I had a similar scenario in my final mock. Trade up to the top of the 4th (I speculated for Miles Boykin). In that post I was thinking it would cost us our 4th and 5th. But realistically, we would prob. have to add our 7th. We have a lot of mid to late rounders to play with. The values for each are closer together which means you can still trade up to a targeted player without giving up a ton.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't give up that third round pick they got from the Raiders, that's the second pick in the third round. I would give up the later third round pick, and maybe a 5th or 6th.

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well that's all fine but the difference between our 2 third round picks is 85 points you are not gonna make that up with a 5th or 6th rounder according to the trade chart value. Even using that 3rd rounder we are still a little under value so using a lower round pick would make it even worse. Of course that is all going by the value chart we know things change in real life.

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I know that 10picks probably won’t make the final 53, but in addition to the players being discussed for round 1 - 4 we have to restock depth on both lines. Our D line depth consists of Alualau (ok) and McCullers (UGH). On the offensive side, Feiler or Chuks will step in at RT. That leaves either Chuks as a swing tackle or Feiler as a backup RT/G. Finney will be back for 1 more year before needing to be paid, which means either he or a Foster will be gone next season.

I will admit that I haven’t had much time to watch late round O/D line prospects. However there are a lot of guys who are projected in the pick 150 - 300 range on just about every site that PFF rated very highly. PFF’s ratings drove me to watch film on Armon Watts from Arkansas, and I like the guy a lot as a late round value pick on the D line.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We grabbed a few o-linemen last year. Banner who was on the active roster all year and did see some snaps. Hawkins is still here. Morris. Prince. We picked up jc whosayourmama. So we do have some depth on the o side of the line.

Books has been here and he was some time as a rookie. This is year 3 for him. We picked up Winston Craig and Conner sheehy as des. Craig from Richmond , energy from wisc. We may be looking in the draft but we do have some options other than a late rd. guy to step in it they show.

Morris, prince,banner (which has some nfl experience) were all here with munch for a year. Hawkins for two with him. :cool:

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Sure, one or more of those guys may turn out OK, but until they prove it we have to add camp competition each year. I expect us to take at least 1 in this draft.